logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Koala
Koala
LOL they use to say you were ok if you talk to yourself but start worring when you start answering your self!!! lol

just thought it was funny the way you worded that!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
F
froggie0424
Unregistered
froggie0424
Unregistered
F
Originally Posted By: elleCreatEd
Or maybe women talk to their higher selves all the time, so they don't get that sudden "Hey, someone's answering me!" feeling. wink

A good thought!! smile

A
A
I came in really late in this conversation. I am Christian but I believe that all Gods are the same. whether it be Allah, God, Zues, or any other name, it is our creator, it is the thing that keeps the universe going. People call Santa Claus by many different names... the quote that comes in mind....

Juliet:
"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet."

Stephanie

"Animals are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole!"

"Don't waste your youth growing up!"

"People all over the world, join hands, and start a Love train!"
A
A
I don't mean to step on any toes, I know nothing about the Wiccan religion, so I'm am sorry if i have. I hate judgmental people and I love learning about all religions. I hope no one minds me reading posts and even asking questions...

Stephanie

"Animals are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole!"

"Don't waste your youth growing up!"

"People all over the world, join hands, and start a Love train!"
Koala
Koala
Hi Ah Cy!!!
I think it is great to have a fellow Christian to learn other religions with!!! I am Also a christian and love to learn other religions as well. I think you will fit right in just remember to read the post that hit you the wrong way a few more times because how you take the post and how the person writing the post ment it to sound may be two different things.... ((says the VOice or experence)) hehe
Welcome to the boards!!!
Free

F
froggie0424
Unregistered
froggie0424
Unregistered
F
Originally Posted By: Ah Cy
I don't mean to step on any toes, I know nothing about the Wiccan religion, so I'm am sorry if i have. I hate judgmental people and I love learning about all religions. I hope no one minds me reading posts and even asking questions...

As long as you didn't come to proselytize or cause trouble, you are more than welcome!! smile

F
froggie0424
Unregistered
froggie0424
Unregistered
F
Does anyone know any good Pagan books relating to God? There are so many on Goddess... I think it is hard to have a balanced practice without including God, but it is so hard to find information on him sometimes without going straight to various mythologies...

Thanks if anyone knows of anything. I guess my request is somewhat vague, since there are so many books on the Judeo-Christian god. I guess I'm just looking for something with a more Pagan focus, or possibly a good book with interaction between Goddess and God...

Koala
Koala
There is a Pagan God? I thought the deities in Paganism were taken from Greek, Roman, Celtic Egyption Mythologies? Tell me about the Pagan God(s) please. laugh

F
froggie0424
Unregistered
froggie0424
Unregistered
F
Most Wiccans, especially, believe in the concept of Goddess and God. Most Pagans, overall, don't think that a single-gendered, transcendent God runs things. You need the balance, and that is true even for those that predominantly work with Goddess power. I think in the religion as it is today, most people tend to concentrate on Goddess since they've been somewhat inundated with the idea of God over the years.

In the same way that Goddess is represented by many different pantheons, so is God. In the Greek pantheon, Goddess wears the face of Athena, Aphrodite, Hera, etc. And, God wears the face of Zeus, Aries, Hermes, etc. So it goes for the various pantheons.

Some people believe in separate, individual ideas of Gods and Goddesses, so I'm speaking from my beliefs on some of this. I'm a pantheist, so overall I see Divinity in all things. However, I think that this infinite, incomprehensible, gender-less Divinity puts on faces that we can understand in the form of Goddesses and Gods.

Since so many people are caught up with Goddess right now, it's a bit more difficult to find reading material on God and how to incorporate His attributes into your life.

I hope that helps. Anyone else in the peanut gallery feel free to correct or add to what I've posted. Obviously, every Pagan has different beliefs, so what I've put here may not hold true for everyone.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I realize that this is a bit late....

You say that Christians seem to have a bad rap on this particular site and are a peaceful people and just want everyone to be saved and what not. Then you go into a tangent about how Islams are killing people etc.

You just complained about being balled into a generalist view and then generalized another religion. Just as not all Xtians hate Pagans, not all Islams hate America. How hypcritical is that? to ask for tolerance and then have none for another.

Pagans as a whole as well as other nature type faiths historically have been persecuted by Xtians AND other religions. It is a built up reaction to years of mental and psychological tear down of both the practices and followers of Paganism. Might I also point out that Xtianism has a long and bloody history of taking over whatever region they are in and 'converting' all the inhabitants against their will?

I could relate stories to you about how Native American children were herded to Missionary schools,, had their hair cut off, traditional clothing and any 'native' belongings burned, were beaten if caught speaking their language or practicing anything that didn't seem 'godly'. Think of the Witch hunts in both the US and Europe. The Crusades. I could keep going. And all in the name of a Christian God.

Back to the Horned one and the Devil...

Lucifer, who is supposedly Satan, is a fallen angel that defied God. Personally I think that Lucifer and the characterized 'Satan' are two different beings. It is almost as if Satan was created to keep people in line...there is also evidence of this in 15th century writings...it is almost as if Satan pops up out of no where...the boogey man on steroids.

I completely agree with MeSheWolf...I have always associated the Horned one with an animal in rut, as in antlered animals such as deer and moose grow their horns solely for the purpose of mating. Granted he is available to pagans year round, but you really see him come into play in the spring around Easter/May Day, as he must mingle with the Goddess for a future good harvest.

Wendy Lee
Houseplants Editor
Click here to read the story of our foster dog, Colbert.
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Ro Longstreet-Wicca 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.