logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16
#280663 11/23/06 08:37 AM
Zebra
Zebra
Keep posting, sweetheart, keep posting... know that, distant as we are, we're all with you on this one, and encouraging you to hang in there.
And at least,by reading your posts, we know how you are....

Hang in there sweetie - I'm sure, like most women, you're a lot tougher than you think!!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#280664 11/23/06 10:36 AM
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Pink, this is the hardest work you will ever do. You will do it because you must. Please keep letting us know how you are doing. And at the same time, you are helping others with their struggles.

Jan Goldfield

#280665 11/23/06 09:48 PM
P
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
P
Hi all,

Thankyou so much for your support and encouragement. I am so sure that I would not get through this without you. It seems to come right at the exact moments.

Just thought that I would let you know that I have seen my gp this morning and she told me I have to go into hospital this afteroon. She didn't let me talk her out of it this time. I do not know how long I am going to be in there.

Will update you when I can.

Thanks Pink

#280666 11/23/06 11:05 PM
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Welcome home, Pink. Hope you are doing/feeling better and stronger. I think you did the right thing when you checked into inpatient care today. Did you get to see your therapist every day? Or at least occasionally? I do hope so.
Be well.

Jan Goldfield

#280667 11/24/06 01:14 AM
E
Koala
Koala
E
We're thinking of you Pinklulu. Get well first and then you can start to work on improving your bone density. My mother is 60 and was diagnosed with early osteoporosis a few years ago, but with plenty of walking and other moderate impact exercises she has began to improve her bone density. You've still got time to reverse some of the damage, but you have to heal first.

*Hugs*

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
#280668 11/25/06 02:31 PM
Shark
Shark
We're waiting for your update, Pink.... I've been praying for you -- even if you don't believe in God or prayers, it can't hurt! My thoughts and good wishes will turn into positive energy, helping and supporting and lifting you up I hope...........

Waiting to hear from you!
your friend,
Laurie

#280669 11/29/06 12:00 PM
Shark
Shark
We haven't forgotten about you, Pinklulu! Waiting for you to return and sending love, faith, hope, courage, and perserverance your way........

#280670 12/01/06 09:23 PM
P
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
P
G'day Laurie, Jan, Elle, and anyone else I have forgotten and anyone else.

Wow. I have heaps of replies. I feel so loved. Thankyou so much for the encouragement. I need it so much at the moment.

I am going to make this quick. I am on partial release from the hospital to organise things - psy my rent, bills etc. I have to be back soon before they start sending out a search party. I just thought that I would take this opportunity while I had it to pop onto the net. Who knows when I might have another.

Anyway, Things are interesting. I'm sick of the hospital. I've officially had enough and I have made that quite clear. But, they have told me that from day one (friday a week ago) I have to gain twelve kilos, which is equivalent to about thirty pounds, until they will release me. That is one heck of a lot to gain and I'm not liking it, but its the only way I am going to get out. I'm actually extremely surprised they let me out today. I have been trying to think of all the ways that I could trick the scales, but I am sure that the dr would probably get suspicious if I gained a lot of weight really quickly.

At the present moment, well yesterday, I am 38 Kilos. I have to get to 47 Kilos until they will let me free.

It is not an experience that I would recommend to anyone else. I feel like I am in a prison cell. However, I am learning quite a lot, even though I don't have much brain power at the moment. I feel like I am getting a lot stronger. The doctor has told me that I am improving slightly. My therapist, June, has visited me most days. She is a good Lady. Although, I got mad at her yesterday. She is ok though. She has made me do some interesting exercises, which I will tell you more about later on, when I have more time. The best thing she has done for me was give me a journal on the very first day I was in hospital last week. That has been my lifesaver. It is SOOOOOOOOO boring in the hospital. I have just been writing in it for hours. I love it.

Well, know that I am not dead and am alive, and I actually think I am happy.

I really better go cause I need to get back to the hospital (not that I want to, but I do not have a choice).

So that is me until next time - whenever that will be i have no idea. I'm expecting to be in hospital into the new year. Which is ok. No one knows I am in hospital anyway. That's alright, I have my Journal.

Laura.

#280671 12/01/06 10:49 PM
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Laura, how wonderful to hear from you and hear that you are doing do well. I expect you will not see this until you get back from hospital next time, so welcome back. We are glad to learn your name. And what do you mean, no one knows you are in hospital. WE DO! And although we want you to be out, not until you are ready.
Soldier on.

Jan Goldfield

#280672 12/03/06 08:29 PM
E
Koala
Koala
E
Hang in there Laura! It may be boring and frustrating but think of it as an opportunity to relax and recover your body, mind, and spirit. I think it's wonderful that you're journalling and that you're enjoying that process at least. I think you will learn a lot about yourself that will stand you in good stead in the coming months and years.

How about grabbing some books to read to keep yourself occupied? Some hospitals have a set up with a local library. This could be a good time to try reading something you wouldn't usually read, as part of learning new things about yourself. Like Biographies if you usually read fiction, or Fantasy if you normally go for realistic reading.

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16

Moderated by  Nadine - Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.