logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
There is a controversy brewing about Faith's reaction to Carrie winning the Female Vocalist of the Year award. Did you see it, what is your feeling?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
Parakeet
I have it on DVR. I happened to see the moment when she won but missed whatever reaction you're talking about. Hmmm...I'm going to watch the whole thing this weekend so I guess I'll have to look for it then.

OH WAIT!!! I'm talking about the HORIZON award. So you're saying she won the FEMALE VOCALIST AWARD?? WOW!

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Yep, Carrie won FVOTY and it seems that the camera was on Faith and some say she was upset Carrie won, the news is reporting that she said "What?" because she couldn't hear who won. I missed it, I happened to glance away right after the announcement and my hubby caught it. I could have kicked myself..LOL!

Parakeet
Parakeet
Here it is. Doesn't look like a joke to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1bwMOc0I7Y&mode=related&search=

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
I don't know..I have to really check the video. But with Faith's history, I find it hard to believe that she would do anything to hurt another artist. But there is a ton of disbelief today that Carrie won FVOTY. To win the Horizon award and Female Vocalist seems a stretch to me.

Carrie has had a ton of success, but the CD she released is thru the folks that run American Idol and there is a ton of money behind it. Faith had an amazing year with her "Fireflys" CD and the tour she just finished up with Tim. Martina didn't do alot this past year, so I don't think she was really a strong contender. Gretchen didn't do as well this year as she did the previous year. Sara, I wonder if the scandal that broke had anything to do with her not winning. (tho the voting should have pretty much been completed by the time it broke.)

There are theories/conspiracy theories that Faith and Tim are not well liked in the industry circles because of their cross over appeal. Kind of like Shania has run into. But Carrie has the same kind of career in her future it looks like, with the cross overs. It seems like if you don't go by the industry rules, you don't get the awards, look at Toby Keith, Trace Adkins and the rest that have great appeal on the radio, but can't seem to win to save their lives.

T
T
I think Faith Hill's reaction may be one that will keep us all guessing. I can see how she might not have heard the announcement, but at the same time, I question the expression that was on her face. I'm almost positive she won't openly admit she was furious that she didn't win. I've never gotten the impression that she could be a sore loser, but who really knows? I do expect if she makes a public statement, she'll smooth it over, even if her reaction was one of true disappointment and anger. I think the bottom line is she's human, and she wasn't happy she didn't win. That's only my guess. If my guess is true, then she might could've been a little more discreet with her reaction.

Parakeet
Parakeet
That explains a lot! If that's true, but either way, she used PROFANITY in the video. I have it on my DVR. She first says, "I'd better f---ing win." I am SURE of it. It's very easy to see. Then she says, "WHAT?"

Quote:

There are theories/conspiracy theories that Faith and Tim are not well liked in the industry circles because of their cross over appeal. Kind of like Shania has run into. But Carrie has the same kind of career in her future it looks like, with the cross overs. It seems like if you don't go by the industry rules, you don't get the awards, look at Toby Keith, Trace Adkins and the rest that have great appeal on the radio, but can't seem to win to save their lives.

Parakeet
Parakeet
Yeah, I wonder how she'll explain the profanity.

Jan
a big fan of Faith's

Quote:
I think Faith Hill's reaction may be one that will keep us all guessing. I can see how she might not have heard the announcement, but at the same time, I question the expression that was on her face. I'm almost positive she won't openly admit she was furious that she didn't win. I've never gotten the impression that she could be a sore loser, but who really knows? I do expect if she makes a public statement, she'll smooth it over, even if her reaction was one of true disappointment and anger. I think the bottom line is she's human, and she wasn't happy she didn't win. That's only my guess. If my guess is true, then she might could've been a little more discreet with her reaction.

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
I've been able to see the part where she said "What" but still can't tell for sure if she was playing or was serious. Either way, she is in for a rocky road until something else comes along to take over the news.

Even if she was serious, what is wrong with her showing a human emotion? She wanted that award, she didn't get it. Why do we, as fans, tend to hold our favorites to such high standards?

Parakeet
Parakeet
I just think it showed that she really thought she was a shoe-in and was surprised Carrie Underwood won. As for human emotion, I think that's totally fine, but nobody likes a poor sport.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I think it was a sort of instinct of shock. She was so ready to walk out and win and it sort of just took her off guard. Faith seems to be a pretty good person, although I did not know about the profanity. Goes to show you "big brother" is always watching...

Ebook: Getting Started in Genealogy

Tina Sansone
Ebook Manager
GENEALOGY Editor
Gecko
Gecko
First let me say that I do not know Faith Hill personally but she has done this as a joke and has done it in previous award shows. I can not remember EXACTLY which award show ( may have been several years ago) it was but she was with her husband Tim and HE won an award and she JOKINGLY reacted the same way. They were backstage and just like this little scene they showed it on TV also, which is why they probably showed it and she did it. The reason I remember is because when they showed it, it really cracked me up and I thought to myself......they must have alot of fun together. Are we all getting so negative that we have forgotten what it is like to "kid" around ? I hope someone else will remember which award show it was so that everyone can see she is just a "jokester" and not a sore loser.

Eva

C
C
Post deleted by Kathy-Country Music Editor

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Wasn't it the Flameworthy Awards or as it's known now the CMT Music Awards that she was joking around with Tim. Faith does seem to have a wicked sense of humor from what I have read about her. It's a shame that no matter how careful things are scripted there is always something that everyone will focus on and take the attention off the winners.

Parakeet
Parakeet
I just heard of it, but I am not surprised. Living next to music row in Nashville, I am aware of the arrogance success breeds in this business. Faith Hill has been spoiled.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.