Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Koala
Koala
I agree!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I do not think 'blind faith' is advantageous for anyone. I consider myself a very spiritual person - yet, when I say that people preconcieve that I am something I am not. They assume a certain description of my belief based on their own belief system. To me, spirituality means exploring your own inner feelings and looking at all options available to find what brings you harmony, peace and balance in your life with nature and all creation. I also call myself a Christian because I believe in Jesus as a great Spiritual Leader. I believe that the Native Americans also had (and still do) great Spiritual Leaders. I also have a strong affinity to Native American beliefs and teachings and use herbal remedies, have respect for all nature and believe that my ancestors can and do send messages or help to me when I ask, as the Native American does. I believe there is a God, whom I pray to, as the Native American prays to The Great Spirit whom many feel is the same as God. This belief system of mine was developed over many years of research and study of religions and other belief systems. I was raised to believe a certain way, but did not adopt that belief blindly. I am now at a place of peace and acceptance with my beliefs but did not arrive here with blind folds on.

Last edited by Phyllis NatAmEd; 03/11/08 12:25 PM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Shark
Shark
I think there are some situations in which blind faith can be a good thing. For example, in medieval times, Christianity had a civilizing effect on the masses.

But of course in those days, it was also often the cause of much suffering and death.

E
Parakeet
Parakeet
E
yes Diana I agree. I think it was more the fear plus superstition, tradition, control and legalism regarding the church.

Nicola Jane Soen

Love is wisdom.

A
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
A
I guess I must be blind in a certain way but I have a hard time having faith. Especially blind faith. I just have a knowing and I live in expectancy of what I need and want. A while back I lost my job that paid $16.50 an hour. Since that time there is a far greater sense of peace in my home as I see that I don't have to kill myself going to a job that sucks. I see a greater peace in our Cairn Terriers and our parakeets and ourselves. I try my best daily to live in the flow of the universe and what I have found is that in that place all things flow to me. To me the universe is that great river of life that flows wherever it wants and has no height, depth,or width as the human mind would judge but is all, around, and in all. I am not wealthy as far as money goes but I have a wonderful and beautiful partmer, plenty of food, bills are paid, I have what I want and am very content to just BE. Since I lost my job my worries about money have ended because I rest in the knowing that all is truly well in the universe and with me. Abundance is emminent if we just BE. Blessed Be

Last edited by ancientflaxman; 04/23/08 08:41 AM.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.