Next Thread
Print Thread
#274193 10/09/06 06:21 PM
S
Sandif Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi Everyone,

I am the new Softball Editor. Both my daughters, ages 11 and 13 play on select teams. It's a lot of fun. The purpose of my site will be to educate others about softball, and to talk to other moms (and dads) about their experiences with their daughters who play softball. Questions and comments are welcome too!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#274194 10/09/06 09:06 PM
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I did play softball in my younger days. My dad's company sponsored the first girls' softball league in 1950, 51, etc. What a good time it was....and in a different time, of course. Nobody cared much who won or lost, but we all enjoyed the snacks afterwards. There were no fast food or pizza places then, so post game snacks were made by moms, regardless of team. As I said, a different time and perhaps a much better one.

Jan Goldfield

#274195 10/10/06 12:49 PM
J
Koala
Koala
J
Our 3 daughters all played softball, one went up through the junior college level and one plays for UTA in Texas now as a junior. She started as a walk on and is now the #1 pitcher for the team (the other pitchers are freshmen this year)

Our family benefited in a million ways from softball and had lots of fun traveling to tournaments. My husband coached lots of teams and is still our daughter's pitching coach.

We still travel around now to UTA's games and I still get nervous every time my daughter pitches!

#274196 10/13/06 02:11 PM
S
Sandif Offline OP
OP Offline
S
How exciting to get to continue to watch your daughter play at the college level. I love the travel - little mini vacations - fun for the kids and parents. Good luck to your daughter; I will look for her at UTA.

#274197 10/13/06 02:16 PM
S
Sandif Offline OP
OP Offline
S
That really was a different time with no one caring who won. Today, it can be taken a little too seriously - more so by the parents than the kids.

#274198 10/13/06 04:24 PM
J
Koala
Koala
J
I agree some parents take all the sports stuff too seriously. We always just taught the girls to work hard so they knew they'd given it their best shot. My daughter has always loved to practice. She can pitch for hours perfecting something.

UTA should have a good year. They got to conference last year but lost in the championship game because, mainly, my daughter was having some problems with her wrist (she had a ganglion removed this summer.) Also, it was her first year pitching at that level. She just couldn't hold UTSA, which had the #1 homerun hitting team in the nation.

The coach hadn't even really expected her to do anything but after a freshman year of sitting the bench, my daughter worked really hard all summer and came back like gangbusters. At a pre-season tournament in Hawaii last year, she beat Hawaii and Southern Miss and from then on she was the #2 pitcher, beating out two others.

She started out as a walk on too. She just wanted to go to UTA and have a chance to play and it all worked out.

The tournament trips were great but I had a joke about that. When people would say it was so wonderful we got to go all those places, I'd tell them all we ever got to see of the place was the ballpark! We did get to spend a lot of time together tho, which was the main thing.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.