logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
OP Offline
D
Hi there! My name is Christi, and I have only just found this online forum, although I am a proprietor of my own message board, as well as a member of another. As active as I am in online communities, I surprised I've never heard of this one!

Anyway, quick intro before I leap to my question...I'm 31 yrs old, stay-at-home-mom, homeschooling/unschooling my 13 and 9 yr old kids, married to a wonderful husband...I'm a writer, singer, listener, mother (to everyone), lover of animals, devoted to my friends and family...and a pretty normal chick as far as abnormal chicks go.

On to what lead me here...?

I'm pregnant.

I got married a 14 months ago to my highschool sweetheart (after 16 years of tumult! LOL), and couldn't be happier...except that we've suffered two miscarriages in the last year.

As of the last miscarriage (May 2006, around 8 weeks along), my doctor still believed there was no biologic or organic reason I couldn't carry a successful, healthy pregnancy to term.

Although we weren't trying, we weren't exactly NOT trying, and thus, I'm pregnant again. Just found out today.

Medically, there is nothing that can be done in the first trimester to prevent miscarriage...but spiritually, I want to really connect and do my best to form a haven of love and protection around this new soul. However, I've been lax in the past years, growing away from my pagan roots, not practicing the rituals I grew up with...and now I'm reaching out to see if anyone would be willing to offer me some guidance and direction by way of sharing rituals, spells, prayers, etc that would help me in fortifying this pregnancy, preventing miscarriage and growing a healthy baby.

Sorry to just jump right in here. I promise to be a good, contributing member, and I thank any and all of you who take the time to read this...

Thanks,
Christi

Sponsored Post Advertisement
I would be interested in this as well. Or even something to ensure healthiness after the birth. My husband and I lost our son in March, shortly after he was born, and are thinking about trying again in the next few months. I have been wondering the same sort of thing and would like to know if there is anything out there.

Elephant
Elephant
First of all, I'd like to say that magic isn't a guarantee of anything physical. It's a process by which you strengthen and reaffirm your own actions.

I'd suggest both meditation and visualization as ways of working on having a better pregnancy. Having regular times set aside to meditate can be very relaxing, and many women who have had miscarriages often wind up worried throughout subsequent pregnancies. Take time to sit down and meditate on feelings of health, peace and well-being. Some women do visualizations of the baby growing inside them, others like to visualize the happy end results of a pregnancy.

However, you also have to take actions to back up what you are seeing in your mind. Eat healthy foods, get proper rest, take time to enjoy and connect with nature. After all, you are taking part in one of the oldest rituals on Earth... you yourself are creating life!

I've known of several women who've done a sort of "belly blessing" later on in their pregnancies. Most often, it's done when the mother is starting to get really big and you need a mental boost to help get through those last stages when you feel enormous. What's essentially done is a body painting on the big ol' pregnant belly. Some women paint big faces, others draw flowers and colorful symbols. The idea is to bring some fun to the exhausting phase of being pregnant. Some women have friends from their spiritual community do the painting, others have their partners do it, and others let the kids they already have do the decorating.

D
OP Offline
D
Hi there, and thanks Rae for the information...

I apologize if I sounded like I was making a flippant attempt at an easy solution to a difficult problem, what with turning back towards magic to help sustain this pregnancy...

Let me assure you that I'm already doing everything else I can be doing...and did for the last two pregnancies as well...eating healthily, exercise, yoga, meditation, even guided sleep meditations...also the spiritual side--journaling and the sort...

Basically, my decision to refocus on my "pagan roots" was to center myself with some more solid actions...I've felt like I needed something tangible to help me through this process, otherwise, I was afraid I would spend the next 2 months in a complete anxiety attack over every twinge, ache or pain...

I actually found a ritual that really spoke to me, and I modified it to fit my beliefs and needs and worked through it last night. The immediate result was a sense of peace and well-being from the inside out, and one of relief, as well.

I have further found that the symbolism and "coincidences" of the ritual are far more significant than I ever really imagined (after I did some more reading and research this morning).

I hear what you are saying and appreciate it...I guess, in my attempt to be concise, I didn't really convey my true meaning of what I wanted and needed. I believe that rituals are very often only symbolic, and also that intention drives every outcome of my [our] actions...so, I believe that if, by going through these motions, these blessings, these devotions, rituals, ceremonies, etc. furthers my intention to nurture and grow this unborn soul, then I can only be doing something good for all of us.

Also, once we make it to the time where showers would be appropriate and all that jazz, my best friend intends to hold a blessing way for me and the baby, and I do look forward to that rite of passage, too.

Canita--I'll be glad to share with you the resources I found and an idea of what has worked for me by way of releasing my worry and anxiety and preventing such negative emotions to dominate my body and stress my health...Just PM me if you're interested...

Moderated by  Ninjahedgewych 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.