Next Thread
Print Thread
#270152 09/20/06 08:27 AM
L
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
L
I think if angels exist they are probably not the winged creatures as portrayed in pictures! I have had a couple of experiences in my life which have given me puase for thought!

When I was about three months old, in 1950, I believe I had my first possible encounter with an angel. I was intolerant of milk and had been failing to thrive since birth. I screamed none stop and my family were at their wits end.

One night my grandma was walking the floor with me. All of a sudden I stopped crying, looked up at the ceiling and the most wonderful smile transformed my face. I remember a white light and the most beautiful face I have ever seen. My grandma sensed that I had seen an angel. From that time on I started to thrive. This poem describes that experience.

The Baby�s Angel

No words, just sensations,
The infant too tiny to speak,
Not too young to feel discomfort,
Of a colicky distended belly.
Feeling the rocking motion
Of the soothing adult,
Trying to ease the child�s pain.
Suddenly the baby looks up,
Focusing on the ceiling,
Or are her eyes looking beyond
The reaches of time and space,
Looking into the bright vastness
We believe to be Heaven?
A shining, shimmering light,
A beautiful, wonderful face,
Calm, peace and all pain gone.
A sweet angelic smile
Lights up the infant�s face,
Gently she falls asleep,
Dreaming of the baby�s angel.

RJG

My next angel encounter, as I think it to be in retrospect, was when I was 11 years old. It was during the school summer holiday of 1961. I thought it was a good idea to go fishing on the rocks off the coast of Guernsey, my childhood home. In those days you could safely turn your kids out after breakfast, with a packed lunch, and not expect to see them until suppertime! However, my parents would not have approved of me fishing off the dangerous rocks I had chosen. The fish weren't biting, not surprising because a bent safety pin and piece of bread was hardly to the taste of the fish! I decided to try my luck further from the shore. Even as young as I was I should have had more sense. The tides come in fast and one can be cut off. So intent was I that I did not notice I was surrounded by water, and I would need to leap to safety across a gap about 4 feet wide, falling into the water was not an option I cared to contemplate, as I would have been swept away. I was beginning to panic when suddenly a man materialised in front of me, seemingly from nowhere, and without a word carried me across the gap; he vanished as quickly as he appeared! I remember thinking it odd, but the relief was so great that I took to my heels, and finding my bicycle I cycled home as fast as my legs could peddle. Naturally I omitted to mention any of this to Mum and Dad!

I wonder if that man was my guardian angel?

"Look beyond the disability, see the perfection of the soul". RJG
Sponsored Post Advertisement
#270153 09/28/06 01:44 AM
Wolf
Wolf
lovely.

#270154 10/03/06 09:52 PM
C
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
C
Wow - how do you remember something from 3 months of age??? Amazing....

#270155 10/09/06 05:07 AM
L
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
L
I can remember being in the maternity hospital, in a canvas sided crib with the nurse looking down at me!

"Look beyond the disability, see the perfection of the soul". RJG

Moderated by  Debbie-SpiritualityEditor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.