Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
H
Koala
Koala
H
"4. Develop the ability to accept criticism about yourself, without getting upset or defensive. This will help you eliminate your weaknesses one by one..."

You mean there are people out there who've eliminated their weaknesses? Now i am really depressed! :D:D:D:D:D

.. but seriously, these are great tips. I just don't personally find it "a not very difficult task" to improve self-esteem.

For instance, number 7, not putting yourself down. I know this in principle, but i find it very hard to eliminate. Many of us with low self esteem heard others putting us down for so long, that when we think critical thoughts of ourselves it just seems familiar and normal, and often goes unnoticed. I often catch myself picking at myself and then realize i'd been doing it for half an hour and only noticed i was putting myself down when i started feeling terrible.

I work on my self esteem a lot, but i find it hard work and i would love to progress faster. Anyone have any further ideas?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Wolf
Wolf
Love yourself unconditionally. Forgive yourself for all the mistakes.

H
Koala
Koala
H
Acceptance... i'm on to it.

Wolf
Wolf
That gives us lots of happiness.

H
Koala
Koala
H
smile

Wolf
Wolf
Are you happy today?
Did all this conversation help?
honest opinion?

H
Koala
Koala
H
Yes, it has and it does.

I'm doing better this month as far as feeling happy in the short term. Directing my thoughts periodically during the day to look at the best, is really helping! Quite dramatically, actually.

I still need to do much better with my self esteem though. It's not that i consciously feel unworthy, but when i want to do something new, like sign up for more college or apply for new jobs... then i find i feel pretty insecure and i drag my feet and fret over it. It's silly, i know, but it's holding me back, and gives me anxiousness.

Wolf
Wolf
This is simple I think. We have to decide about the goals that we need to reach to feel that we are working to our full potential. after that we do get satisfaction.

H
Koala
Koala
H
But isn't that making it conditional? What happened to accepting ourselves as we are?

I know what my goals are. But after working hard at this for years, clearly there i have some kind of internal barrier. I think it may be lack of confidence, and fear of what will happen if i reach my goals.

Wolf
Wolf
You make a good point.

We should certainly have higher goals and try to achieve them.
But whether we do so or not, we should happily accept ourselves for what we are.

I set goals, i could achieve some, failed in some. I love myself either way. I at least tried. I appreciate myself for that.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.