Next Thread
Print Thread
#267962 09/11/06 06:55 PM
C
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
C
I just posted this article that I wanted to share with you all. I hope that you are able to find time to remember all those who were killed on this day 5 years ago.

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art45860.asp

I welcome your feedback
Corinne

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
9/11 was already a hard day. In 1990 my first son Jonathan died in utero. Today he would be 16 had he survived. I am stunned by the passing of time. Some days it feels like yesterday when my heart shattered into a million pieces and other days it feels like a million years and a million trucks have driven over me.

Ironically, I now have a 9 year old step-daughter who was born on 9/11. Funny how things work out.

I am not surprised at how fast 5 years has past since 9/11/2001.

I do not believe we will ever forget b/c for those of us who have children, my son was 3 1/2 years old and had no clue as to what was happening in our world, and the last year or so he has been very focused on the Twin towers and the WTC. He is trying to understand the world on 9/11 and make sense of what it means to him in the terms of his love of air planes and bad men in the world and BIG strong towers that should never have fallen and lots of people dying and lots of people being sad.

The world will never forget what happened that day because of the children that were too little then to understand but are now trying to understanding what no one can.

What truly frightens me...is that nothing else has happened.

---------------------
Erika Lyn Smith
Editor Missing & Exploited Children Website
www.bellaonline.com/site/MissingExploitedChildren

My Digital Photography
www.betterphoto.com/gallery/gallery.asp?memberID=171319

If we don't stand up for children, then we don't stand for much~ Marian Wright Edelman

Last edited by CorinneO; 09/21/06 09:27 AM.
T
Shark
Shark
T
9/11 the day the world changed. We did not really take Terrorists seriously and now we know who Bin Laden is. Doesn't matter if they find him or not because there will be another man to take his place.

All around the world our hearts went out to those families who were affected.

God Bless them all.

Good friends are like stars. You don't always see them
but you always know they are there.
Zebra
Zebra
I am appalled at the jingoistic speech broadcast by Bush, in which he states that 'America didn't go looking for this War.' What a load of Bull. America certainly didn't, but he sure as hell did. He went after the wrong people, and subsequently actually assisted in creating a link between Al Quaeda and Iraq.... even though none existed at the beginning of the current conflict.
What a total <words fail me> !!

C
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
C
Dear Erika,

I am sorry for your loss of Jonathan. I experience my losses in the same wy that you described. At times it feels like a galaxy away, and other times it feels like I am reliving it so close it just hurts.

I too think about the fact that nothing else has happened. I hear of the thwarted plans and wonder.

I love that your son who was so young at the time is interested in the events of 9/11 today. It is a good thing to remember and honor the lives that were taken.

Thinking of you...
Corinne

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.