logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Wolf
Wolf
Any prescription pill will not have ingredients of speed.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
F
F
Hi Jovanna

I would certainly agree with some of the guidance you've
received so far as regard diet pills. You really need to be careful about taking any kind of dietary suppliments. These tend not to get the same rigorous testing as other prescribed drugs and in many instances, there is no requirement for this to happen. On top of that, the dietary suppliment industry does not need to divulge the ingredients or even the quantities being used in their products. So please take care.

For sustained healthy weight loss, you need to follow a
healthy balanced diet as well as taking up regular physical exercise to burn fat. You'll find all the help and complimentary guidance you need for setting your weight loss goals, planning your healthy eating diet, advice on selecting the right weight loss exercises for you, along with goal setting forms and worksheets, below.

In any event, good luck and stay safe.

W
W
(((Ashley)))

First, I wanted to also extend my sympathies to you on going through an experience as rough as a miscarriage. Depression is commonly associated with this; a natural response to experiencing such a personal loss. I do hope you have a counsellor, or someone to confide in and help you through it.

Weight gain and depression certainly do go hand-in-hand. Throughout most of my life I have carried around a 'sadness' (rising from several forms of child abuse/trauma when I was young) that would peak into a full-blown depression whenever a rough period in my life would hit. As I got older my weight went up as well, for I would turn to food - 'comfort' foods such as take-out, chips, chocolate, or anything with lots of calories - as a form of solace. The more I gained weight, the more depressd I became, and it created a vicious cycle.

What finaly helped me to shed the extra 30-some pounds I was carrying (doesn't sound like a lot, but I'm a small person...4'11"), was to become strict with myself after my health began to suffer. I had developed IBS and was suffering from candidiasis (yeast overgrowth in the body). I did some research and wound up 'detoxing' my body by cutting out all refined sugars, breads, 'white' foods (white flour, potatoes, etc.), pastas, meat, coffee, and anything that did not have good nutritional value. I discovered that in cutting these things out, not only did I begin to feel better, but my body weight began slowly dropping. I went from almost 140 lbs to where I now am: hovering right around 100 lbs. Today I will sometimes have breads in my diet, and I did wind up drinking coffee again, but overall have stuck to my modified way of eating.

I'm not suggesting that you do something as drastic, but if you are able, here's something you could consider:

Cut back on any foods that are high in calories or are 'instant'. Fill your fridge and cupboards with fresh fruits and vegetables.

Limit breads and pastas. Try to eat more 'raw' food dishes (I used to absolutely hate salads, would never eat them; but now I love creating fresh salads with different types of greens, and adding all sorts of things such as avocado, grilled eggplant with goat cheese, etc.)

Don't cut out all comfort foods, but do allow them only on occasion. However, also don't berate yourself if you do wind up having something you wished you hadn't.

Meditation and/or yoga are wonderful ways to be able to deal with stress, grief, fears, depression, sadness, etc. They teach you how to relax and 'let go'.

Exercise, preferably outdoors, is an excellent combatant for depression. Walking in a park... cycling... jogging... tennis... gardening... any of these things can help. For myself, I've discovered that walking my dog is an enormous way to ward off sadness whenever I feel it reappearing. Find something that lifts your spirit and incorporate it into your weekly habits, if you haven't already.

There is a saying that I had first heard many, many years ago, but never really understood until I had been through some pretty tough trials in my life: what we resist, persists. My interpretation of this means that whatever we constantly focus upon and worry over will remain with us until we let it go. In other words, if you are constantly focussed upon your weight, then it will be that much harder to lose the extra pounds. If at all possible, adopt certain habits into your life to deal with the weight gain, but don't focus upon how much you are losing, or if you are, or when it will come off. Shift your focus to one of embracing healthy eating habits, exercise in a form that you truly look forward to doing (don't take up an exercise regime that you do not enjoy, for it most likely will not last), and enjoying life again, in baby steps if you have to at first.

Having a friend, a counsellor, or an organised group to talk with so you can have an outlet for your grief and/or your frustrations with weight issues is also very helpful. Having someone who can relate and empathize is so comforting.

And above all...love your body. Love yourself. This sounds pretty simplistic, but it is one of the hardest things we humans seem to be able to accomplish. Accepting who we are is so key to being able to deal with all of the hardships that we encounter in life. And realize that you are such a beautiful soul, just as every one of us are beautiful.

Hugs and prayers to you....

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Nadine - Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.