Next Thread
Print Thread
#261820 08/02/06 05:19 AM
T
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
T
I have a Mum who is 80, is vain, loves know one but her self and is only happy when a fellow makes a pass at her.
She looks after her self very well, always looks smart but you can not have a conversation with her about any thing but herself.

She is in hospital at the moment so I rang her up but she more or less put me off because one of her boyfriends was there. Am I a jealous daughter, or just hurt because she shows no feelings. My Mum has never told be that she loves me. Just a bit fed up and be interested to hear from any one who has the same problem and how they handle it.

Good friends are like stars. You don't always see them
but you always know they are there.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
#261821 08/21/06 12:12 AM
T
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
T
Sorry I did not get any comments as I felt sure that some one was out there with a Mum just like mine. Remember I still love her she is my mum.

#261822 08/22/06 04:52 PM
Hi, Toe-tapping!

This is an awkward situation. My own mother went through something similar.

I think it's important to respect and honour your mum even if she does things you don't like. Her self-focus is probably based on the fact that she has very little self-esteem and can only feel good about herself when she's being admired by a man.

Try complimenting her on things other than her looks - think more about personality. Does she have good qualities? Show them to her. Make her feel worthy. Send her a card of appreciation now and then, or flowers "just because".

Sometimes our Mums can't be there for us the way we'd like them to be. Find another relationship to fill that void as much as possible, and just be kind to your mum.

Darlene

Click here if you are a tired, stressed-out mom

#261823 08/22/06 08:16 PM
T
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
T
Hi MomDefrazzler.

It is an awkward situation and thank you for listening and answering. You are right she has no self-esteem. She is a very hard lady to converse with as she always manages to get the conversation back to herself.

I am working on finding something to fill her place, such has helping out in nursing homes.

Moderated by  Lisa - Moms, Traci - Moms 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
2021: On this day . . .
by Mona - Astronomy - 09/17/21 05:07 AM
Autumn Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 09/17/21 05:01 AM
Lammas to the September Equinox – Quiz *new*
by Mona - Astronomy - 09/16/21 09:58 AM
When the burdens get heavy
by Angie - 09/15/21 03:17 PM
Sewing Projects for Fall
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 09/15/21 03:02 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 09/15/21 02:57 PM
QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS's) Best Customer Pho
by Penelope Jerez - 09/14/21 06:21 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Angie - 09/14/21 08:25 AM
Ships
by Angie - 09/10/21 09:29 AM
Sewing with Plaids
by Angie - 09/09/21 08:36 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2021 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.