Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
~ Rae ~ Offline OP
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I was curious as to whether other folks here made or bought their belly dance outfits. I mean, you can't be dancing for too long before the lure of the luscious outfit comes over you, right?

So far, I'm tending towards the half & half approach: I'm taking basic things and embellishing them. For instance, I've got a bra that is just too boring, but fits well, and I'm sewing fringe all over it.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
I
Amoeba
Amoeba
I
i am thinking on doing simular to what you are doing,I found a great site on how to coin your bras and such,and thought wow what a great idea!!.

at the moment I am into harem pants,I do like them alott,do you prefare a skirt?a skirt looks easier to make than the pants.

I would like to make my own belts and bra's at this point,I made myself a footless sandal,next time i am gonna try crocheting some beads in with it.

I too have a bra that is way too borring,but yetso comfortable to dance in,its plain black.

great topic!!

amanda
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Amoeba
Amoeba
I've bought bits of costumes online and pieced them together. We also have a couple of local shops that have some great pieces that can be put together and made into viable outfits. I just got my first professional costume and it's lovely. Every piece is hand tie-dyed, then we put our own red hipscarves with it and add a hand-dyed silk veil.

I'm definitely not a seamstress, though... but I can sew on a mean button! LOL

Amanda, where's the site on coining a bra, may I ask?

I've just sent off a red "foamy" bra (T-shirt bra) to get beads sewn all over it. :-)

I
Amoeba
Amoeba
I

C
C
i make mine from scratch. it took about a month to do my most current one,because i dont use a sewing machine.
im verrrrry proud of it. i also made my own harem pants but those were easy.

fortune favors the bold
~ Rae ~ Offline OP
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I just got a blank belt form and am starting to sew my own belt. The outer fabric on the belt is some silk velvet that I dyed many years ago and then just held onto it, as I didn't know what to do with it... LOL...

Next up, the search for just the right fringe....

R
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
R
Hi, I'm the new Bellydance Editor. My dance name is Rhani and it is also my user name.

I feel that buying and then adding is a great way to make your own costume.

For instance, I like some of what Dina has done. She wears a lot of non traditional looks. So, I want to follow in that path.

Rhani -- Bellydance Editor

Ronnette Ramirez
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I'm starting to put together my belly dancing costume. I'm new to this and using it for exercise. I had a gastric bypass 3 years ago and need to firm up my tummy area. I've also admired those doing belly dancing and now I have the confidence to try myself.
I think I'll make some compnonents of my costume and buy others. Right now I'm searching for beautiful fabrics. I already have patterns.

Former Chocolate Editor. Also known as Daisybun.
[b][/b] :)Hi, this looks like a fun site! I kinda do a little belly dance, no one would ever mistake me for a professional dancer but its fun and not boring like some exercise routines. I have had several abdominal surgeries and the scars are very obvious, I feel uncomfortable showing them so I opt for a semi sheer tunic thing over a fancy bra and harem pants; long flowing sleeves. conceals the scars somewhat or at least it makes me think so! I make my own, have not seen any for sale that fit my needs and they're just practice/fun outfits anyway. I have a lot of bellydance videos I enjoy watching, lol and sometimes exercise to them too. BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

R
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
R
Welcome! I'm so glad that you continue to belly dance. Those sheer tunics work well, and at the same time, it makes you feel sexy. I look forward to hearing from you.

Ronnette "Rhani" Ramirez, Bellaoline Bellydance Editor

Ronnette Ramirez
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  rhani 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.