logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 19 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 18 19
Parakeet
Parakeet
Patience to be honest I felt just as you do. For years I didn't get it and I couldn't figure out how a God who supposidly loved us had no compassion and wasn't fair.

When I had children I finally got it. When I had to discipline my child, I understood. When I truly looked into my heart to figure out who I was I saw that my choices and attitude was the problem, not God.

It wasn't until I decided to find out what I believed in order to find a church that I fit and maybe to find the religion that I believed in that I found God. I started to read his book and I heard him and felt his presence.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
P
Gecko
Gecko
P
Dear Carennedy,
I hear what you are saying. But didn't Jesus say 'who is not for me is against me'

If the God you believe in detests the love my partner and I shared in Union, then he detests what is sacred to me, and that includes me. If God is against any loving, intimate relationship I have, thenI take that very personally. If he says it is a sin, then I take that very personally.

I was once a devout Christian. I was actually a lay preacher and preparing for ordination. It was this attitude of the Christian Religion as a whole which drove me away. I now lean towards Buddhism, which accepts me lovingly and as I am, including my sexuality and any same sex union that I enter into. I will never return to Christianity as long as it tells me that my love is sinful and that God detests and denies my right to live and love the person who loves me in the same way. It appears that God has double standards for 'love'. If it's betweena man and a woman, it's OK with him, but if not, then the relationship is damned.

We have discussed the issue about sex and love before, so I won't repeat it here, except to say that Homosexuals love their partners as much as Heterosexuals do. Many Homosexual relationships that I know of have lasted longer than many Heterosexual ones and still continue to last because they are based on mutual love.

That God regards such loving relationships as 'detestable' is, in itself, detestable.

This isn't a loving parent, it's a dictator. Just think about it! Is this loving? Is it just? Is it compassionate? Is it like Jesus? Not to me anyway. Nowhere in the Bible did Jesus condemn same sex love. Surely if it was such a sin, he would have mentioned it? Why didn't he?

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.
John Adams

Parakeet
Parakeet
Remember it is also a sin if a man and women are in a relationship outside of marriage.

I do acknowledge your point that Jesus did not mention it, it was Paul.

As I wrote previously, there is little on the subject in the Bible and it is not the worst thing you can do sinwise, as God also detests liers and think about how many are running around down here.

The worst thing you can do is use the name of the Lord in vain, yet I saw a Global TV billboard with the words "Oh my God dad, what did you do?"

Another of the top bad ones are having other idols and what people today forget is that means worshiping a thing rather than God. For example, money, celebrities, material possessions. It also means loving something more than God, For example, your home, your car, your prized possession.

C
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
C
Quote:

The worst thing you can do is use the name of the Lord in vain, yet I saw a Global TV billboard with the words "Oh my God dad, what did you do?"

I have read this comment before but I just cant help myself anymore.I have to say I disagree strongley that "its the worst sin one can do"

Okay lets think logically here.Lets say I bang my thumb with a hammer and I yell out "god damm it!" ( along with some other colourful language) would that be worse than lets say someone raping a six year old girl annaly while holding her head under water resulting in her death? There is no doubting what is the worse sine here.

Parakeet
Parakeet
It is the 3rd of the 10 Commandments

Exodus 20 verse 7

Do not misuse the name of the Lord your God. The Lord will not let you go unpunished if you misuse his name.

Patience,

As a lay person you would have known so much about God. I am sad that fawed Christians provided you such a terrible example of who God is.

I'll add more later ... kids in bath and dinner in oven.... Life of a working mother never ends....

Parakeet
Parakeet
Sorry this has to be quick.....

Blasphemy is to dishonour or use abusive language to or about God and the things that are sacred.

There are a couple of verses I want to bring your attention to, the rest you can check if you are interested.

Jesus took the third commandment and expanded it to anything that was sacred.

Mathew 5:34

Jesus said: "Do not swear at all: either by heaven, for it is God's throne; or by the earth, for it is his footstool; or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the Great King."

Luke 12:8-10

Jesus said: "And I assure you of this: If anyone acknowledges me publicly here on earth, I, the Son of Man, will openly acknowledge that person in the presence of God's Angels. But if anyone denies me here on earth, I will deny that person before God's angels. Yet those who speak against the Son of Man may be forgiven but anyone who blasphemiees against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven.

For more passages if you are interested to study up on this:

Exodus 3:5-6
Exodus 22:28
Leviticus 24:14
2 Samuel 12:14
Psalms 99:3
Isaih 5:8-25
Matthew 12:31-32
Matthew 6:9
Mark 3:23-29
Mark 6:22-23
Mark 7:20-23
Acts 6:11
Acts 3:16
Eph 5:4

I will leave you with this verse:

John upon talking with Jesus received a vision and this is what he wrote:

And now in my vision I saw a beast rising up out of the sea. It had seven heads and ten horns, with ten crowns on its horns. And written on each head were names that blasphemed God...... The beast was allowed to speak great blasphmies against God. And he was given authority to do what he wanted for forty-two months. And he spoke terrible words of blasphemy against God, slandering his name and all who live in heaven, who are his temple.

Revelation 13:1 & 5-7

Parakeet
Parakeet
Quote:
would that be worse than lets say someone raping a six year old girl annaly while holding her head under water resulting in her death? There is no doubting what is the worse sine here.

I agree this is a terrible sin that would be punishable by the fires of Hell, sorta speak.

I have to admit that I am very dismayed that there is not a law or commandment that says do not rape. There is lots said in the Bible about how Women are to be treated etc.

This is a huge contention with me and I struggle with it. I do not understand how a loving God could allow women to have such little standing in the church. I realize that the Christian church gave more but it was not enough. That's a whole other thread going on in the Paul who was he topic if your interested.

Parakeet
Parakeet
Patience,

I have a personal question, you do not have to answer if you do not want to.

But do you believe in God anymore at all? Or what is that you do believe?

P
Gecko
Gecko
P
Carennedy, I don't mind answering that question, as far as I am able.

I don't believe now in the God of the Bible, but I am open regarding the nature of God. I believe that there is 'something' which is at the source of all creation. Possibly something quite impersonal, like an energy source, some spirit energy which is in all things and to which all things return.

I don't really know, in fact, I tell people that the only thing I 'know' is that I know very little!

I believe that all life is sacred, and I feel oneness with all life. All things living are a part of me and I am a part of all things. I see all life forms as my brothers and sisters.

I strive to become as perfect as I can in love. I believe that if I show love to even one small creature, that all life somehow benefits from that because we are all one.

That is the best I can explain it!

Patience.

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.
John Adams

Parakeet
Parakeet
Do you believe that there is evil, that there is a Satan that temps us?

How does this explain people like hitler?

So is there any consequences whether you do bad? or Basically you can do anything because we all end up as energy?

Page 9 of 19 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 18 19

Moderated by  Sunnie - Bible Basics 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.