Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Stream of consciousness post:

I am watching the WWE vs ECW Show right now and saw that Big Show swerved the WWE locker room and is now part of ECW. That is strange but could be a good move for him.

RVD is looking a few steps off his game. I hope he gets back to his old self before Sunday!

Funk has stepped up and actually looks like he can move and fight tonight. This is good news for us who were worried about him.

Randy Orton was revealed to be now on Raw (with no explanation). Another blow for Smackdown but could be a good move for Randy because Vince and Trips are there to make sure all is well. Or maybe he has heat with someone on SD. Whatever, that is one more SD star gone.

Tazz is already on the ECW roster although he didn't announce it yet. He will on Smackdown on Friday. Way to give away stuff before it happens. They also have Big Show defecting and posted it before he did it! (This is all on www.ecw.com).

Did you see Lilian's wrist? Here's how that happened: http://star.walagata.com/w/nutbunnies/lillianfell.gif

Foley's gotta shiner already! He is slipping into the "Mankind voice" as he does his promo. I loved Mankind. I enjoyed Foley's promo. I lost a lot of fandom for him over the years but he;s back and I love the old Mick Foley not the goofy novel pushing one we have seen for so long.

Tazz and Lawler looked like a good shoot. That was a smart build up for the PPV. Except they swung their arms like girls who are in fights. Still, at least it gives a preview of what we will see. Tazz better hit the sauna and lose 40 pounds though before Sunday. I have seen UFC fighter lose 20 overnight so it could happen! lol.

And finally, the main event...Cena vs. Sabu. What a strange combination. Champ to be vs. Champ? Me thinks...

They jobbed Rey to RVD tonight and usually the one who does the job pre-PPV will get the favor returned on the PPV so it could go either way with Rey and RVD and their title shots. Rey does denounce ECW and say he is staying with WWE on Smackdown but I wonder....All he is doing now is getting beaten up every week on Smackdown. ECW would be a better environment for Rey. Way better than for Big Show!

Ended with he predictable "cluster" locker room emptying Battle. That is the only way it could have ended. there could be no clean win between Sabu and Cena given their PPV matches.

My only complaint is that we saw mostly people we knew from WWE (even if they are now ECW) and very little of the old school ECW guys.

This show was better than Raw or Smackdown has been in months. I bet it is better than the PPV will be.

4 stars out of 5 for the show.

And a definite push for the PPV that not enough people will have tuned in to see.

[color:"#800080"]Wrestling Editor: [url=BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
Shark
Shark
C
I agree, it was definitely a good show!

Poor Smackdown though. At this rate when JBL and Benoit come back they'll probably be put on RAW too. They need some fresh blood, pronto. If they're just going to keep taking people away from the brand, they might as well take the show out behind the barn and put it out of it's misery. Egads.

Mickie vs. Jazz. Are they actually going to have a women's division in ECW?

They might be changing commentators on SD, but can they please get rid of Lawler? I liked how Tazz and Styles mocked him about the puppies!

Foley's promo was awesome. Almost the entire arena was hanging on every word that he had to say - you could hear a pin drop. Very cool.

Did Edge hit his neck on the table? That looked a little ouchy.

I know they need to build ECW up with known names, but the three biggest names in the company are not Sandman, Sabu and Funk, but three guys jumping from the WWE (although RVD has always been ECW, the other two?). They really need to bring up some new talent and push them to the moon to be able to distinguish themselves from the main brands.

As for the PPV? I can't see either title changing hands. Maybe there'll be a Rey swerve (which would kill SD) and he goes to ECW. And how bad would it be for Cena to lose the title to RVD? WWE fans already boo him like crazy! Maybe you could make RVD look hella strong, but have Cena turn fully heel, cheat to win, and set up a story like that? I don't know.

EDIT: Am currently looking at the Unlimited videos on the website. Loving Cena wailing away at everyone with the kendo stick!

Last edited by CatBallou; 06/08/06 03:54 AM.

Little umbrellas get the party started right!
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
He busted himself open with the stick. I have some videos of him when he was crazy before WWE turned him into a merchandise machine. he can really go nuts when he wants to. I hope he shows more of that.

I don't think Edge is hurt seriously. I have seen nothing anywhere about it but that bump was scary looking.

[color:"#800080"]Wrestling Editor: [url=BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.
R
R
Tazz has been on the ECW roster for maybe a week I think.

I think Cena's promo might've even been better than Foley's promo. If that guy gets better in the ring, he's going to be one of the greats.

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
I liked the show except for the main event. Hell, they already had a battle royal what was the sense of them coming back out. They could have at least waited until the match was over. And I thought it was extreme rules? So how can they signal for the bell to end the match when the locker room empties out?

How can Jazz lose to Mickie James? She used to be one of the toughest women in WWE once upon a time and now she jobbed out to Mickie James? It makes no sense.

And at the PPV my big prediction is that Rey is going to lose the title to Sabu and that will become the ECW championship since it is the old WCW belt.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Shark
Shark
You read my mind Amadeus I can see Rey losing as well, and as he's taking some time off soon and Batista is still a month from returning it's good way to get rid of the belt.

If they are making one of the belts an ECW belt what will the belts be on WWE?

J
Amoeba
Amoeba
J
Post deleted by WrestleEdPatty

Last edited by JustSomeGuy5481; 06/12/06 09:46 PM.
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
I agree. There was no way they could have had a clean finish in the Sabu/Cena match. It had to end like that and to hammer home that ECW is against WWE. I liked it. It reminded me of the end of last year's PPV.

Definitely looks like they are trying. I have a lot more confidence that this concept could work now. I am still not sure if Show is a good fit but we'll see. Too many well known WWE guys and it won't feel like ECW. It'll feel like the WWE C show.

Actually, with SD dying a little more each day, it would be the WWE B show while SD would be the C show.

Rey probably will drop the belt. They have buried him so badly that I can't imagine he would even want the darn thing. He does say no to Heyman on Smackdown but he actually would be a MUCH better fit in ECW than Show so I would like him to go but they need some major restructuring of the Smackdown brand pronto.

If a belt does change hands, the ECW guy has to throw it down and say he doesn't want a WWE belt and they will have to unveil an ECW one. Just not THE ECW one since Rhino owns it.

I kind of like TNA fighting back with their ex-ECW wrestlers. I liked the Dudleys going to the bingo hall on Impact and showing the actual ECW arena (renamed now) during a promo. This almost feels like a "war" and that is good. The more interest in ECW and TNA, the better!

J
Amoeba
Amoeba
J
Post deleted by WrestleEdPatty

Last edited by JustSomeGuy5481; 06/12/06 10:06 PM.
R
R
My problem with all the ECW talk on TNA is that they're actually building interest in ECW when WWE wasn't even building interest in ECW. I really wish they would focus on what's at hand and not on WWE. They aren't even really competition yet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.