Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Ad-Aware is a free program used to remove adware, spyware, data-mining software and advertising from your PC. The program scans the hard drive, removable media, registry and RAM to detect and remove malicious software.

Before removal, the software allows you to review the scan report to make sure legitimate programs and cookies are not removed. The program loads quickly and scanning time is dependent on speed of the computer and number of files.

I have been using the program for over a year and have found it very effective in the removal of malicious software. While no program can detect every form of malicious software, Ad-Aware comes very close.

To download a free copy:
http://www.download.com/3405-8022-5153545.html?part=dl-ad-aware&subj=dl&tag=top5

Last edited by Allison_PCAdvice; 05/21/06 09:38 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
I am trying to decide if I want to keep using free Zone Alarm and free AVG or purchase Zone Alarm Pro (which I am on trial with right now). I really like the features so far, and it seems to replace Adaware and others like it. I also still have AVG running and no conflict.

Any input?

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I never used Zone Alarm but I checked out the product website and it appears to be a quality product. Of course without testing it is hard to determine how good the product performs.

I am not sure if you are planning to replace the free AVG with Zone Alarm Pro but it looks like the Pro does not have virus scanning.

If you are happy with the product and it is performing to your expectations then I see no reason not to purchase the product.

Allson

Gecko
Gecko
You'd be better off buying a one-off solution such as Norton. It provides firewall, virus remover, system checker etc all in one package, and automatically updates every day. It's cheap too, and far better than using lots of different freebies. I dod that for years, and after several fatal virus attacks bought Norton and have had no problems since.

Mind Flight Sonic Warriors free mp3's and hilarious movies involving swans by Robert P. Abelson "The field of statistics is misunderstood by ... Reviewer/1976:,
Peter Flom "statistical consultant" (New York, NY USA) - See ...
Shark
Shark
I actually switched to this because of problems with Nortons... go figure. I have had awesome results with AVG so it is a keeper. So far I like the extra protection of zone alarm pro.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I use Norton for my virus-scanning and it works great but for adware/spyware doesn't always catch everything. I have found this true for a lot of bundled packages.

For my system I use a hardware firewall, Norton and Ad-Aware - so far so good (crosses fingers).

Moderated by  Allison_PCAdvice 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/13/24 08:03 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/10/24 08:39 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Curiosity and Learning
by Angie - 04/06/24 09:56 AM
Easy to Sew Pillowcases
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/03/24 04:38 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/31/24 01:10 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.