logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Parakeet
Parakeet
James Gang. Ergh. Another team that simply has no edge left. They were once good but now Billy Gunn looks completely ridiculous (He is old now,not a young buck) and Brian/Road Dogg looks like a car mechanic, not a wrestler.

Their promos are as bad as Dudleys' are and the tws teams together talking?

Nails on a chalkboard.

[color:"#800080"]Wrestling Editor: [url=BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
About Scott Steiner. Like nearly everyone else, I'm NOT a big Steiner fan. But, I do think he plays a very good Bully type bad Guy. So long as he's still in shape and has that ring presence (which he has), they may as well keep using him. Just don't let him wrestle too often.

I don't know what happened to the Steiners. When Rick and Scott were the "Steiners", they were unbelievable in the ring. Them versus Road Warriors or Doom and my fav, vs Owen & Bret Hart (a once off I believe). Just great matches.
Then they both decided to bulk up to the point of being unable to really move in the ring, esp Scott. And both went the Bad [censored] route. I dunno, I think they were better as the ex college Steiner Brothers.

Tikus

I'll rap you with my Cane, you Pencil Neck Geek!!!
R
R
Quote:

The fans can cheer Joe all they want but that doesn't make him a face. They want Joe to be bad so they cheer what he does. If he acted like a true good guy, it would take away from the character and he would lose the cheering. People love the Bad A$$es.

We both agree here. But if the man is constantly being cheered against a guy who is booked as the good guy, you can't continuously book Joe as a heel. While the regular fans don't use these terms, they understand the difference between a good guy and a bad guy. The Austin reference is a good one, though I think McMahon could tell early on where he wanted to go there. Just as I think TNA knows where they are going with Joe.

And we mentioned Christian and Patty mentioned that he's getting cheered. Let's remember who cheer him. The same 200 fans that go to the weekly TNA and PPV shows. The PPV buying crowd enjoys him I'm sure just as those taping fans. But the true story in if he works as a champ in my opinion is if he is going to make more people buy the PPV, or if he makes more people watch the TV show. I understand that probably the only person moving anything is Joe, but that's what the champ is for correct?

Parakeet
Parakeet
Not always. Some people are watched more when chasing the belt Triple H is one.

[color:"#800080"]Wrestling Editor: [url=BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.
R
R
Quote:
Not always. Some people are watched more when chasing he belt Triple H is one.

But you'll agree that the champ has the responsibility of drawing the houses? Isn't that why Eddie had problems with being champ? So much responsibility?

If you're in the main event every PPV, you need to be a draw, or you're worthless there. That's just my opinion.

Parakeet
Parakeet
I definitely agree the champ has to essentially carry the brand. It isn't quite as formulatic as it used to be but still, when houses tank and such, much of the blame is on the champ.

I also agree you have to draw if you are main eventing. That is not to say Joe wouldn't draw main eventing going after the belt rather than holding it though. I think making people want it, wait for it, and hope for it will make him getting the belt that much sweeter. But then he has to be able to hold the heat as champ once the fight to get it is gone. He probably can, judging from what I have seen. I just don't want them to rush anything. Especially if hat means an automatic Jarrett feud that ends with a guitar shot win. Ugh.

He is sort of a modern day Goldberg in some ways and it was fun watching him go after the belt and plow through people but once he had it, there wasn't much left to hope for. Of course, Joe has tons more talent than Goldberg did...

Gecko
Gecko
They need to give Joe a believable memisis. And slowly build it. ECW were king at this, sometimes keeping opponents apart for months. Not only ECW, I remember WWE very slowly building up the Ultimate Warrior v Hulk Hogan match for ages, till the fans were rabid. Joe needs an opposite.

Tikus

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Give Joe Ooooomahgaaaaa.. Please.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Gecko
Gecko
Amadeus, Gotta ask you, are you the sort of person who who likes to Feed minows to Mexican Waking fish? Or live mice to Pythons?

C
Shark
Shark
C
Isn't that why he's on our team, Tik?

Little umbrellas get the party started right!
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.