logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
R
I think that they have nothing left to try and push that will work except for Joe. Christian failed, and it's not his fault, but all of the specialness that he had seems to be stripped of him. Sting was decent in the beginning, but he's now just another guy who needs to help put someone over. Steiner has one match in him that will draw, and that's with Joe.

Here's what I'd do, even though it won't make sense I don't think based on what they're probably going to do at the next show.

I'd face off Christian, Jarrett, and Steiner in a 3 way for the strap with the sole purpose of Jarrett and Steiner beating Christian with Jarrett thinking that Steiner will let him pin Christian to win the belt. But before that happens, Steiner pins Jarrett to win it. Christian isn't pinned and it sets up a match down the line.

I'd have Joe face Sting in a match where Sting basically puts him over as the new guy and he wonders if he still has it in him to run with the big dogs and I'd have it be a very competitive match with Joe winning.

This would set up Joe vs. Steiner which I think is really the only money match they have right now. I'd have it headline the next show and put Joe over for the belt.

I'd then have Christian come out and say that he wasn't pinned and never got his chance to win the belt back and have him headline the next show against Joel And then I'd turn Christian heel and have Joe be the babyface.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
Parakeet
I just saw TNA last night and don't think Christian failed AT ALL. The crowd was hot for him, his promo in the crowd was solid as it was in the ring and I think he's doing great.

I don't think people want Joe as a face. They like chanting "Joe's gonna kill you" when someone does something. I suppose if he was a tweener face but a full out good guy would kill his momentum, IMHO, of course.

I do like Christian better as a heel but I think the best thing to do is to take Jarrett off TV for a while and for God's sake, toss Steiner back into the indy pool. Ugh.

[color:"#800080"]Wrestling Editor: [url=BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.
R
R
Oh Joe's going to be a face soon enough. And you know they're going that way based on the ending of that PPV.

I don't blame Christian at all. But he's lost all his specialness being the champ. The charm, the character, the wit, it's all gone. He cuts dry promos. He just looks like a goofy random guy up there. I think he needs someone to utilize on the mic and that's where TNA has no one. It's different when you're going toe to toe on the mic with Jericho, Rock and Cena.

Parakeet
Parakeet
The ending of the PPV was letting Sting get his butt kicked as he walked away. That is what I hope a heel would do. I don't want him as a face. He is a face heel now and that is a good thing (Think Austin).

Faces aren't cool.

Talking about goofy, what happened to the Dudleys? They're incoherent now and make no sense. They used to be scary and tough and now they are like Laurel and Hardy.

[color:"#800080"]Wrestling Editor: [url=BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Cena sucks on the mic compared to the Rock and Jericho. He should go back to rapping at least he was mildly entertaining then. I like Christian better as a heel too but he still makes it as a face. I think his heel days are over.

Joe is a good face heel like Austin and hopefully he will stay a tweener. I hate when heels turn faces because they lose that killer instinct.

All faces should be tweeners. Well, most of them anyway. Hopefully Triple H will stay that way but I dont see that happening because he too is about to be broiled in a feud with the McMahons as is Yawn Micheals and I see a tag team match in the near future with Micheals and Triple H against the McMahons.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Parakeet
Parakeet
Sigh.

Cena sucks on the mic? Have you seen some of his stuff from before WWE? I have a couple links I will post that show his other side when allowed to be unleashed. Great stuff.

Yawn Michaels? The only time he ever made me yawn was during the 60 plus minute Iron man match and that was because he had to mat wrestle and I prefer him flying around.

But to each his - or her - own.

I agree most babyfaces should stay a bit on the tweener side. Few can be really excellent pure faces anymore. I think maybe Rock and possibly Jericho (when he wasn't getting goofy) were strong babyfaces.

Obviously Hogan was/is as well. I don't like him but when he's a face, he's an all out face and fans seem to eat it up.

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
no i havent seen any of Cena's stuff before the WWE. His stuff IN the WWE is boring. But that is only MHO.

I was never a huge Micheals fan except for his stint in DX and I still wasn't a huge fan but liked him more. I am liking him a little more now too but still not a huge fan.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
R
R
It's so funny that Cena gets such a huge backlash. He's the only guy in wrestling (domestic) right now that draws (exception being Mysterio, but they for some reason want to kill that) and for the little time he and Edge get to talk with HHH, I think they do great. Cena can't simply cut rhymes his entire career. He needs work cutting money promos. And thus far, being so young in the game as a main eventer with them pretty much changing his gimmick and telling him to be white meat, he's doing a fine job.

He's a heat magnet, both for boos and cheers. Just craziness.

I don't think Joe is going to go face and start soaking up cheers. I mean he's going to be a face in that he's going to fight the heels. People are already cheering the hell out of him. It's just a matter of time.

The Dudleys are so boring now. I wonder what they could do to re-inspire that gimmick?

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I agree the Dudleys are nothing of what they were in ECW. In ECW they were ruthless. It was great. Some of my favorite matches were the TLC matches. They were great. Going to TNA the Dudley have even lost what they had in WWE. I don't get it!

Abe (Al)

S
Shark
Shark
S
I think Joe has better longivity as a tweener and I know we have gone over this before, but fans normally don't use the terms Face, Tweener and Heel. Only the "smart fans" do. The terms are used for back stage on how the writers want the characters to act. The rest of us have picked up using the terms.

The fans can cheer Joe all they want but that doesn't make him a face. They want Joe to be bad so they cheer what he does. If he acted like a true good guy, it would take away from the character and he would lose the cheering. People love the Bad A$$es.

Now I think the only thing the Dudleys have to do to get their edge back is cut the little comedy in the promos and start intrupting tag team matchs. Let them screw over the Canadians and AMW. Better yet, let them plant the seed in Team Canada's mind that they will never get a shot at the belts while always having to AMW's backside all the time.
Once AMW vs Team Canada gets started, Team 3D can run rough shot over them both.
Then on to The James Gang and Konnan's group.

Se7en

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.