logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Bloody hell, MarianneJ. I dont know how you could live with yourself calling PEOPLE scum, mud, dirty, chimpanzee, ugly, inferior mongrels...to name a few of the words you used. It is one thing to state your opinion about inter-racial dating but to resort to horrifyingly horrid name calling is just plain nasty and so out of taste. And here you are thinking of yourself as an intelligent and socially desirable white woman.....

I rest my case.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
J
The truth is there ARE differences between the races. SOMETIMES this complements each other, sometimes it doesn't.

Some couplings are more common, like white men/asian women, black men/white women, etc. Some are less common, like white men/black women, black men/asian women, or asian men/white women. This is because of physical differences like asians are more feminine, so asian females are desired, but asian males are not. Blacks are more masculine, so black males can get another race easier than black females.

Marrianej, did your white man leave you for an asian women? What do you have against them?

It's not for trophy, or cuz they can't get a white woman. I'm a rich, tall, handsome white guy that's never been dumped. I can generally can choose the women I want, and I choose asian women because, get this, I think they're prettier!

Way more beautiful. I'm white, but I just don't like white women. Not attracted to them. I have nothing AGAINST white women, it's just my own mental preference.

Sorry to ruin your bigotry party. Sounds to me like her husband left her for an asian woman. I don't blame him!

Oh, and I almost left out a little thing called LOVE and it CAN cross racial lines.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Jordan13, you are spouting off on this forum as well with your hubris showing. Of course you are a tall handsome white guy who can get any woman he chooses. And how do we know that? Because you told us. And aren't we thrilled!

Jan Goldfield

J
J
I'm trying to fend off a bigoted remark, pondlady, surely you approve.

Or do you too believe that people can't love across races? Or that there must be some psychological problem for white men to date asian women?

As for me, sure I'm not bad. For everything gained is a fault, like arrogance. I merely meant in the department of physical, or money, I'm doing well enough that I have the ability to date many women. I simply was explaining my choice, which she thinks apparently can only be for inadequate white men.

C
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
C
TO Marianne

You are a very sick girl and in my opinion you are delusional. I had no idea rednecks like you still had the audacity to spread your ignorant filth in a public forum such as this.

Go crawl back into the hole where you come from.

R
R
Mariannej's comments are dark, but not surprising. Trying to put all of my own personal biases aside, here's what mariannej has hit on:

1) There is definitely an inborn fear of that which is different. If you believe in Evolutionary theory, I think that as humans banded together in groups (for protection in numbers), outside groups were seen as threats. For example, other groups could steal their food or mate with their females and threaten their reproducibility. Yes, these are all animal instincts. After all, Evolution does say that we contain animal DNA. The other groups didn't necessarily have to be of different races though -- there is rivalry WITHIN all races and groups. However, if they were of a different race, then the "sense of the unknown" was heightened. The "more different" someone else is, the worse is the fear of predation. I believe this is the fundamental basis of rivalry and racism today. I claim that we have neural pathways from a million years ago that force us to automatically think the way we do -- they helped us to hold onto our food, mates, and lives. That DISTRUST was good at that time. Springing forward to modern times, these neural pathways don't help us anymore; rather they divide us and lead to oppression and wars. It's not unrealistic to say that without these "fears", we would be far more peaceful and productive as a world. But then again, the war machine has generated much technology throughout history...but that's another debate (without strife, would there have been a reason to invent --- hmmm?).

2) There is definitely a totem pole that exists in the world. A large percentage of people would put white people on the top. But, that's not a fundamental truth of the universe. It's more a historical artifact of white domination in the past few hundred years. This is history -- I'm not making it up. My point is that as more minorities rise to higher positions in the world, their place on the totem pole will rise. It's all about perceived value.

3) If you walk into a room and scanned every member of that room, you could INSTANTLY classify each person as ugly, beautiful, powerful, weak, etc. Humans are great are categorizing (or miscategorizing) other humans, due to items 1 and 2 as I mention above.

4) In some regions, minorities have a higher "worth" than in other regions. "Worth" is a shifting property that varies with time and regions. For example, Shiite and Sunni hate each other for religious reasons. French and Brits hate each other for cultural differences (and because of the wars in their past). US-Southern state whites have quite a bit of racism for non-whites compared with whites in the US-Northeast. Fortunately, things are getting better. However, rivalries and racism will always exist, unless this genetic disposition for hating other races can be removed from our DNA or from our minds after birth -- don't count on that happening anytime soon!

5) Racism can be transferred to a child easily. For example, in my region, when I was a child, I was taught to be racist against blacks and gays. I learned this from my parents and from my friends at school. This racism carried forward into my adulthood. I always found it strange when people expressed racism towards Jews, because I had never learned to hate that particular group. After mingling more and more with blacks and gays, I realized that people are people. It was the segregation of communities that bred ignorance and fear of the unknown. My racist thoughts eventually were dissolved away. I would be lying if I said they're all gone. It was part of my childhood and some remnants will probably always remain. Sad, but I'm not here to BS anyone into thinking that I'm a totally enlightened person now. I have my flaws, but I am a work in progress.

6) So, it sounds like I'm saying the politically correct statement that no one should hate anyone. No. Let me explain. There are definite trends that exist in various groups. I find that Afro-American and Italian Americans tend to be more aggressive than let's say Asian Americans. Some would call this stereotyping, but anyone who says that these trends don't exist is trying to be a politically correct idiot. Trends do in fact exist. But that doesn't mean that I should hate the whole race. I am turned off by aggressive people in general. Does that mean that I should dislike all Afro-Americans and Italian Americans? No, of course not. The targets of my dislike are "overly aggressive people". It just so happens, that the Afro-American and Italian American subcultures have a higher percentage of aggressive people. Why are they more aggressive -- well there's a long complex history that explains the traits of any group. Unfortunately, it is a human logic fallacy to put an entire group on his sh*t list when 1 member of that group crosses him. So, as the conventional wisdom states, don't discriminate on a group basis. You can discriminate on a personal basis, because if you meet a person who is an [censored], then why bother liking him? Okay fine, we should be more forgiving, but my comments are more for rejecting group discrimination and trying to understand the history and psychology behind it. And don�t forget that who you think is an [censored] may not be one to someone else.

7) A friend of mine once told me that you may claim that you are NOT racist against a group but you ARE IN FACT lying if you would gak at the thought of reproducing with someone from that group. Hmmmm.....interesting. Yes, I think a lot of people do give lip service only to being "color-blind". They are fooling you or perhaps even themselves. At minimum, they have psychological issues against that group.

8) As mariannej suggested, it is possible that on a mass scale, people have tried to improve their social status by dating or marrying someone higher up on the perceived �totem-pole". It happens between races and it could happen WITHIN a race as well. For example, a gold digger. There may even be some truth in what mariannej said about some people lowering their social status because of psychological issues. However, what marrianej doesn't get is that ON A MASS SCALE, it is also the case that many people don't see certain other races at different levels on the totem-pole. So, when a Korean marries an Afro-American or a Muslim marries a white, all of these specific people may in fact be confident in their own status and marry because of compatibility. Yes, it happens all the time!! But, let's not be naive here. Westerners are targeted all over the world by third-worlders to get an entry into a more prosperous country and improve their living standards. Poor girls marry rich men on purpose. People have agendas.....but not always. I couldn't even venture to guess how many relationships are agenda-driven and how many are love-driven.

9) My conclusion about mariannej is that she is a product of her community. She mentions that her boss has similar feelings. According to her profile, she is in Calgary. I don't know if she grew up there or on which side of the tracks she grew up in. She is obviously white. She might be super pretty or not. Low, middle, or high class -- who knows? The point is that we are all products of our communities. If I were born in certain parts of Iraq and went to a fundamentalist school, I would probably be a Muslim and possibly hate Jews, Christians, and Americans (I think). If I were born in the same area to moderate thinking parents, I might not hate anyone. If I were born in Mobile, Alabama to middle class black parents, well, I have no idea what I'd be like. I'm not trying to say that 100% of who we are should be accepted simply because of where and under what conditions we grew up in. All humans have the responsibility to further themselves. If you don't try to further yourself mentally, then you're doomed to be stuck in a box your entire life. Some people argue that NOT questioning things too much is GOOD for a particular society as a whole. There is a theory that states that up to a point, questioning things is a good thing. But, after a certain tipping point, it serves as a destabilizing factor since it causes deep polarizations between people with different opinions. But anyway, once again, I digress.

10) Just to identify myself, I am a first generation Indian American male (yes, of the 7-11 Indian variety). I grew up in South Florida and always had an identity problem. This is an issue that I've spent a great number of years brooding over. It's a common issue for first-generation children of third-world parents growing up in first-world countries. It affected my personality greatly -- more than it should have. In fact, many first-generation people end up with inferiority complexes. I now realize how misguided this is but when I was 7, 8, and 9 years old, rational thought was not always forthcoming. So, for any minorities out there, try to make your children knowledgeable and proud of their own race. Try to teach them their root language. They WILL notice that they are different from the majority and they may not mind it. Or, they may try to emulate the majority culture and dissociate themselves from their root culture -- this leads to cultural hate, low self-esteem, identity problems, and a host of psychological problems. Try to avoid this situation. Always talk to your kids. Be observant of confidence issues. Make sure they have friends from all cultures. You may hate certain cultures, but don't pass it on to your kids. Let your racism die with you. It is normal to dislike someone, but make sure your child dislikes that person not because of a group that this person belongs to, but rather because that person really did something to offend him. Then, if you have a big heart, maybe you can teach your kid forgiveness on a personal level. I'm not there yet.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.