logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#246361 05/01/06 11:13 AM
K
OP Offline
K
Has anyone ever used their home warranty insurance for problems that have come up in your home?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#246362 06/26/06 11:08 AM
J
J
Not worth the paper its printed on. I have an HMS (aka Homesure, Cross Contry Homes Services) home warranty. My central A/C went out and it took me 10 months and numerous calls to HMS, the better business bureau, the Maryland Insurrance Commission and Long & Foster Realtors for them to pay for a new one. And after all that they only paid for 1/3 of the cost. If I didn't go through that I would have had the A/C sooner and still had to pay about as much. You are also required to use their repairmen. One that they sent to my home with wife and kids home they said they had numerous complaints of being drunk on the job....and they still sent him! See my website for the whole story.

#246363 06/26/06 11:52 PM
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Our warranty wasn't worth anything and i would not buy one EVER again. If it's offered to me, fine, but I would rather save the money on the price of the house.

In 2002 we purchased a house with a warranty to find out the gas system wasn't working and the heater was completely inoperable. The system broke AFTER purchase and after inspections and a few days of use. The company refused to cover it since it was an old system and there was no easy replacement for it and they had no contractors in our county certified to do propane work. In the end we shelled out around $8K for a new heat pump and installation.

We reported them to the state and the warranty company said there was a default in the workmanship of the gas system so it wasn't covered. So, they would COVER the system in their contract, they just made up excuses so they didnt have to pay to repair it.

We tried to get the money back for the warranty but they also refused to do that.

When it came time to sell our house I said no way was I paying for a warranty for the new owners.

Meg

Meg
The World is Our Classroom!
Homeschooling

Exotic Pets
#246364 07/13/06 05:48 PM
S
S
Do not recomend Mutual Warranty Company- according to Colorado and California they are NOT LIcensed. you call them and you get put on hold for over 1 hour to talk with someone. I have had excelant success with other carriers ie Sears, etc, tho

HOme Warranty
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 07/13/06 05:48 PM

dg
#246365 07/20/06 01:27 PM
Amoeba
Amoeba
Our warranty came with the house. Our sump pump gave out in torrential rains one week before the warranty ran out on it - good timing! Got it replaced the following day, free of course. We still have 1 1/2 years of warranty left on our foundation (10 years) but have had zero problems. Not surprising as we went with one of the highest quality builders around.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.