Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
J
JimLow Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hi Forum members, God Bless You.
Jennifer, the Bible Basics Editor and forum administrator, was kind enough, to feature my article "Did The Fall Of Lucifer Who Became Satan, Happen On A Pre-Adamic Earth?" and I wanted you all to know, I'm now also registered on this forum and happy to enter discussion and answer questions about the article.
I have to intermittantly check for new posts because I'm a little busy during daytime hours but I will check in and respond.
I will be asking questions as well.
Blessings,
JimLow

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Hi Jim!

I did get around to reading your article (finally)!

I never really thought about when Lucifer was thrown from Heaven in relation to Adam, that is. I of course realized it was before man was created, because he could not have tempted Eve had he not already been here (logic). But I guess I had always thought it was before God created Earth.

I've always considered Satan living in Hell - but I guess that part doesn't come until after the Armageddon, does it? For the time being this is his dominion? That's a pretty scary thought.

I'm assuming you do not believe the "days" mentioned in Genesis are our 24 hour periods. I have never held with this belief, as that is a definition made up by man - not God. What is your thought?

I also have this extremely whacked out theory (that makes many people look at me as if I were crazy) - that the Garden of Eden might not have been on this planet. We call this Earth, but who's to say this is the Earth that God named? And that when they were banned from Eden they were thrown to this earth (maybe that's why we can't get any farther than the moon in our space program.) Like I said, that is pure conjecture on my part - but I have wondered about it, because there is not much of this earth that we cannot get to.

Anyway, got to run for now, but am interested in talking to you! (And hope you don't find anything I say blasphemous.)

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Gecko
Gecko
Can someone kindly put the link to the article in here?

Thanks.

Darling Poor
Editor of Horses Site
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
You got it!
Did The Fall Of Lucifer Who Became Satan, Happen On A Pre-Adamic Earth? Part 1

Then you can get to Part 2 from the article itself!

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
J
JimLow Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Bella Harmony,
Thanks for the comments on the article.
Actually I do believe the 6 days God re-created the earth for Adam in, were literal days because after each, it says to the effect; and that morning and that evening were the first day etc... We don't see where the length of days was changed at a later time.
I do believe though that there was a "Pre-Adamic" period on the earth, involving Lucifer and that after a catastrophic judgment detroyed that former earth (Gen 1:2), God began reviving it for Adam, re-making it in that 6 days described.
The planet idea you mention, is not so far fetched because "The Lake of Fire" could be somewhere like the Sun (who knows) because at some point, even Hell itself will be cast into The Lake of Fire. God created both these places, as well as everything else.
HorseCrazyLady,
I didn't get a chance in an earlier post but just wanted to mention that the list of Christians who are Scientists from all fields, and the Astronauts, was something I simply copied and pasted, I didn't compile the list myself, so had no intention of descriminating women and people of color from it.
BTW, I'm one-sixteenth Cherokee Indian (there abouts) but you can't see it in me. My mother, at about one-eight Cherokee, shows it plainly and could pass for half! She is descendant of a Chief but I don't have speficics right now, I'll have to ask her the names etc...

J
JimLow Offline OP
OP Offline
J
HorseCrazyGal,
Please forgive me for quoting your nickname incorrectly, it is similar to another lady I have replied to on another forum, so I accidentally reverted back to the "lady" part.
I'll get it right after this!

J
JimLow Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I just wanted to mention another interesting point about the fall of Satan;
I've had a couple of people in the past, by e-mail etc..., state that they feel the fall of Lucifer, happened at the time he tempted Adam.
This would not agree with Bible scripture because "hell" that Jesus said was "..prepared for the devil and his angels."(Mt 25:41), being in the earth's heart/belly, was part of the creation and it says in Genisis 2:2, that God rested after the 6th day, from all of his creation and also declaired this 7th day his sabbath (verse 3).
In scripture we see that God will not resume works of creation, until after the 1,000 year reign of Christ (signals the end of the sabbath), after which, he will yet again re-create the heaven and the earth (Rev 21:1).
My point being in the above, is that hell was created before God rested. Satan's temptation of man in the Garden of Eden, followed God's completion of the things created and made.
God did not cease from the sabbath he declaired, in order to create hell (not found in scripture), it was already created when the angels that rebelled, fell.
This can only mean the angelic fall was a Pre-Adamic event.
God's Sabbath from the creation is further proof of this.

Zebra
Zebra
Quote:

God's Sabbath from the creation is further proof of this.

Oxford on-line dictionary:
# PROOF n. :

1. The validation of a proposition by application of specified rules, as of induction or deduction, to assumptions, axioms, and sequentially derived conclusions.
2. A statement or argument used in such a validation.

3. Convincing or persuasive demonstration: was asked for proof of his identity; an employment history that was proof of her dependability.
4. The state of being convinced or persuaded by consideration of evidence.

EVIDENCE n.:

The documentary or oral statements and the material objects admissible as proven incontestible testimony

EVIDENCED v.:
# To indicate clearly; exemplify or prove.
# To support by testimony; attest.

There is no corroborating evidence anywhere of any of this having ever happened...
So it cannot be called proof.
it may be what you believe, but proof and evidence need more than an ancient scriptural say-so.

J
JimLow Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Alexandra,
For some reason, no matter how many times it is repeated, you continually and consistantly choose to not understand what we are about and what this forum is about. It actually is kind of remarkable because it appears your life's ambition, is to try disproving what others believe because you feel that somehow better substatiates your own religion.
Any time someone has to continually attack others beliefs (you'll say you're not attacking but you are), this does not point to someone confident in their religion but actually strongly indicates you are very insecure in your own beliefs.
Let me try this again; WE DISCUSS THE BIBLE FROM THE VIEWPOINT OF "BELIEF" AND "PROOF", BECAUSE WE HAVE ACCEPTED IT AS SUCH (how can we make this more clear?).
Is there some reason why you cannot grasp this? Or is it actually because you don't want to grasp it, because you enjoy the attack so much.
Maybe if you would practice the positive aspects of your "religion", you won't have as much interest in this negative bashing.
It is incredible that you actually think it is terrible for Christians to discuss their beliefs on a forum "specified" for that.

Zebra
Zebra
When somebody can give me a concrete answer on Why you believe it, rather than what you believe, then I'll be satisfied. So far, nobody has succeded in doing this.
Your perception that I am insecure couldn't be any farther from the Truth if you tried.... My practise doesn't require me to believe anything. It requires that I know, for sure. Buddhism is not a practise of faith or Belief, you see... I am required to See things as they Really Are. No strings attached, no pre-conditions or improbable promises required.

Perception is often deception.

I don't think it's terrible at all... I find it illuminating... But how can you have a challenging theological discussion if you're like-minded? Surely, the whole point of challenging discussion is that it also causes 'you' to evaluate and re-evaluate what you have accepted, and reinforce, where necessary, your ground of Being....
Debate - amongst those who are like-minded, and even with those who are not - is healthy, nourishing and informative... it provides different perspectives and food for thought.
It is educational, and may well provide you with a deeper insight into what makes those who follow other creeds, tick...
Why do you in turn, shy away from it?

If something can broaden our horizon, and educate us about the workings of other peoples' minds, this can only surely be a constructive thing?

I have asked this elsewhere, but have not as yet received a response...

What do you know for sure, of Buddhism? And would you, in turn, not like to know a little more about MY practise?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Sunnie - Bible Basics 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.