Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Gecko
Gecko
Quote:
the recidivism rate for those executed is zero

And yet, the error factor in determining if they were guilty is not.

If even one dies that was later exonerated, the system is flawed.

Darling Poor
Editor of Horses Site
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
"But we, as taxpayers, would still have to foot a hefty bill--especially as so many crimes these days could likely qualify for "life"."

Not if they were made to work and provide a service for the country. They would be paying for their stay.

"Both long-term warehouseing of criminals and putting people to death are horrid options."

Warehousing isn't a nice option, but that's the whole point. It's such an unpleasant thought that it would make a great deterrant.

Mind Flight Sonic Warriors free mp3's and hilarious movies involving swans by Robert P. Abelson "The field of statistics is misunderstood by ... Reviewer/1976:,
Peter Flom "statistical consultant" (New York, NY USA) - See ...
Gecko
Gecko
i hadn't noticed before that this was in the ProLife board.

I presume everyone in favor of the death penalty is pro-choice as well?

Darling Poor
Editor of Horses Site
C
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
C
Its never safe to presume everyone that is in favour of the death Penalty is also Pro - Choice but I think a majority of women on this forum are Pro - Choice.

Koala
Koala
Quote:
Warehousing isn't a nice option, but that's the whole point. It's such an unpleasant thought that it would make a great deterrant.

Thus far, long-term sentences have failed to prove an active detterant for crime.

C
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
C
What do these monsters have to contribute to society because they have no right to live in society once they have crossed that line......Or do they????

Do any of you think a mass murderer who gunned down 36 people including a mother holding her baby desrves a second chance?

Zebra
Zebra
If you had him in front of you and you had to pull the trigger, could you look him in the eyes and do it?

Gecko
Gecko
"Thus far, long-term sentences have failed to prove an active detterant for crime. "

That's why I'd make it as unpleasant as possible for them. A lifetime of sorting through garbage just to pay for your 'accommodation' would put off anyone. At the moment it's just a big, free hotel.

"Do any of you think a mass murderer who gunned down 36 people including a mother holding her baby desrves a second chance?"

No, I think he should go and have a horrible remaining life in prison. I don't think execution would help anyone, apart from the criminal. After all, some of these guys are suicidal anyway, so it's hardly a deterrant.

Mind Flight Sonic Warriors free mp3's and hilarious movies involving swans by Robert P. Abelson "The field of statistics is misunderstood by ... Reviewer/1976:,
Peter Flom "statistical consultant" (New York, NY USA) - See ...
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I believe in the death penalty. The reason it does not work is because it takes so long. These guys are animals. They deserve to die. Anybody who commits murder should be put to death. And it should happen quickly. In the first year at least. Our judicial system does not consider the victims. Many of the guys who commit murder have killed before. Why should they be kept alive. How many appeals did the person they killed get. If they knew what was going to happen, I know they pleaded for their lives. Did it matter? No it didn't the animals still murdered. For the death penalty to really work it must be done faster. Especially in cases where there is no doupt who the killers are.

Michael Taylor and Roderick Nunley on Missouri death row, plead guilty to killing a 16 year old girl. Anne Harrison is her name. I know people forget who the victims are. These guys plead guilty to this crime. There is no doupt that they are guilty. They recieved the death Penalty and have been on death row since 1989. This is an outrage. They plead guilty. And since 1989, Anne Harrison is still dead. She gets zero appeals. No chance fro a court to give her a stay. She was executed by two animals who don't deserve to be among people. Yes, I feel the way the death penalty is administered here in the USA, it is a joke. And the animals know it. That is why they don't fear it. Sheep get preyed upon. We need to stop being sheep, and make these predators who take lives pay. For murder payment must be the ultimate. You take a life. You forfeit yours. If a murderer knows that his life is in danger, he won't be so fast to gamble with it. Sorry I went so long.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Yes I could. After all, he looked in his victims eyes and killed them. Or used a knife to watch the life slowly drain from them. They are animals.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.