logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
L
L
Hi, I'm new to this forum but was interested in reading the question "Is it possible to split again after all this time?"
I was diagnosed with DID years ago. After intensive therapy I intergrated, and had 6 years of "normal" living. When my youngest daughter left home, 'Carol', an alter who is my daughters mother (you will all understand this), emerged and my life turned into a shambles. Back to my wonderful therapist, and more work with Carol. Recently, after another trauma, 4 more have re-emmerged and I am in shock, although my therapist is not surprised this happened considering recent events.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
it can b overwhelming, mostly when the (other) does something to get u in trouble lucky stay in therapy, n good luck

Rosie L
P
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
P
I have been away from this forum for quite some time. I just looked in today by chance and saw that my original thread had new posts!

I'm sorry I have not been here for the new-comers, but I am now, and am happy to offer my support.

Things have turned a corner for me and I am doing quite well now. I am now co-conscious with all my other 5 parts, and we are getting it together.

All good and peaceful thoughts going out to each one of you.

Patience.

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.
John Adams

O
O
Hey i am new at commenting on a forum.. but i am currently doing my portfolio on Dissociative Identity Disorder. Ive learned so much from researching it and one of my biggest concerns is the fact that many people do not believe in the disorder. I have talked to a psychiatrist about the disorder and they have convinced me that it is real... but i am still not to sure. Obviously you all will tell me it is real.. but can you give me more information as to why you are certain it exists thank yooou

A
Shark
Shark
A
Welcome to the forum! It is so good to hear from people who are interested to learn about MPD/DID.

I am nearing 69 years of age, and was first aware of there being 'other parts' of me when I was 6 yrs old.(though I didn't know what it was until about 16 years ago.)

I am presently in the process of integrating two major alters. The reason why it has taken so long is because I did not seek help until I was 53 yrs old, and have undergone 14 years of counselling with two different therapists. The first was not helpful, but the last was very experienced with the disorder and has helped me to reach this point in my healing.

I am happy to answer any questions you might have.

Here are some links which will help you:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Last edited by anndidetal; 06/10/07 11:58 PM.
D
das Offline
Gecko
Gecko
D
Kerryanne

Tell me,

Is creating new identities painful?

A
Shark
Shark
A
No. Most times we are not aware that it is happening.

I was not aware of any pain or discomfort at the time. It is a way of coping with pain, but not actually a painful process, at least in my experience. It sort of just 'happens'!

Others may experience it differently.

Kerryanne.

D
das Offline
Gecko
Gecko
D
Oh, I see.

T
T
Originally Posted By: OCsPsychStudent
Hey i am new at commenting on a forum.. but i am currently doing my portfolio on Dissociative Identity Disorder. Ive learned so much from researching it and one of my biggest concerns is the fact that many people do not believe in the disorder. I have talked to a psychiatrist about the disorder and they have convinced me that it is real... but i am still not to sure. Obviously you all will tell me it is real.. but can you give me more information as to why you are certain it exists thank yooou

Aside from all the evidence of very many people:

In my own case, first my fiancee had DID. She didn't know that she did actually - I made the error in judgment of letting her know it. But from several years of being with her and her alters -- for that matter a few weeks would have sufficed -- it was 100% clear that no one could fake what was happening here. No actor or actress I've ever seen can change their "look" in the way that alters can change appearance, and just as they say that someone who lies a great deal can never hope to remember all their lies, there's no way that anyone faking DID could over the course of several years remember with 100% accuracy which part said what, with 100% accuracy not know things that they shouldn't and 100% know what they should, etc. Just too complex.

Secondly, it turns out that I am DID myself. I had thought I lost no time since a teenager but various evidences have shown this isn't true, including handwritten notes from my alters, and people pointing out things I for sure did not say or do, as well as experiencing my voice changing drastically (yet in a totally natural sounding way) when profoundly co-conscious with some of the parts, their taking enough control to control the voice.

I don't think it's as mysterious a condition as many think. The normal mind is shown to have "ego states" which are individual consciousnesses within, roughly speaking, the subconscious. The only things are that in the normal mind these don't have the ability or perhaps not the power to take executive control of the body; the degree of influence they have on the on the outward consciousness is more limited and appropriate; and there aren't amnesic barriers between the outward consciousness and these parts. I don't think anything fundamentally new is created in DID, but rather there are differences in degree and extent of these things and in memory barriers, as well as the more remarkable phenomenon of the parts being able to take control of the body. Personal opinion.

Even that may perhaps have its counterpart in the normal mind: when a person takes Ambien and then, despite being 60 years old, jumps up and down on the bed like a child and has no memory of it later, or goes on an eating binge and does not remember it, this might possibly be an ego state fully taking control due to the pharmaceutical, though in the normal mind that doesn't ever happen without such a drug. Personal opinion there also.

Hopefully this helps understanding it a bit.

T
T
I hope it is OK for me to include a support forum specializing in DID:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.