Amoeba
How long have you got?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#235089 03/22/06 11:52 PM
M
Amoeba
Amoeba
M
I agree with Divided! How long have you got?

Well, Dave, you wanted an example of where George had lied. Here's a great one! He said that no one warned him about the potential disaster coming from Katrina, but we have the videotape showing that they did warn him BEFORE the hurricane hit. 2 days before it hit! Both his lie ("no one could have forseen") and the proof that he lied is on videotape! Unchallenged by the Whitehouse! What more could you need?

For excellent timelines on Katrina, read FactCheck.org's narrative - http://www.factcheck.org/article348.html and/or the Brookings Institute's narrative - http://www.brookings.edu/fp/projects/homeland/katrinatimeline.pdf

Wake up and smell the roses, Dave! We can't trust this guy, even if sounds like a Christian.

#235090 03/23/06 06:04 AM
T
Gecko
Gecko
T
Bush never said that because we ALL were warned about the possible breaches of the levees. I heard it on the news a few days before it hit so EVERYONE knew it was possible. They've been talking about it for years. Everyone knew the vulnerabilities of New Orleans.

#235091 03/26/06 09:45 PM
M
Amoeba
Amoeba
M
We may all have heard that there was a possibility of the levees being breached, but George claimed not to have heard that.

I listened and watched as he said "no one could have foreseen..." He said it. I heard it. Millions of people heard it.

Now we know that he was lying when he said that and we have the video tape to prove it.

#235092 03/27/06 09:30 AM
T
Gecko
Gecko
T
He meant, no one could have forseen the sheer scope of the disaster. Everyone TALKED about the possibility of it happening but even the state and local gov. officials never really believed it WOULD happen. Like those people who never wear their seatbelts because they think it only happens to other people. Everyone, from the feds on down always thought it was just a POSSIBILITY not a PROBABILITY. That's what he was referring to. You are just trying to find a lie wherever you can. Do you WANT Bush to be a bad president? Are you HOPING he lies? I think that is your desire.

#235093 03/27/06 10:24 AM
Amoeba
Amoeba
I don't think anyone WANTS a bad president, but that doesn't mean you're not allowed to complain WHEN YOU GET ONE.

#235094 03/27/06 11:03 AM
M
Amoeba
Amoeba
M
No, Dave, I don't want Bush to be a bad president. Don't project your motivations on me. I pray for him (and for us) every night. Do you? I pray for the Lord to give Bush some wisdom and humility and good help. Unfortunately, my prayers aren't being answered in the way I've been hoping.

I think perhaps God is trying to make us (or me) see how much we have taken for granted in the wonderful, amazing democracy we have. So, we have to fight to get it back from people like Bush. Then, maybe we'll take better care of it for a while.

"He meant, no one could have forseen the sheer scope of the disaster."

Oh, so, now YOU are reading minds? And, in fact, they DID forsee the "sheer scope of the disaster" a year earlier in a disaster planning exercise they did! THAT was on tv, too, seen (and heard) by millions of people, including me!

It's like 9/11 was avoidable if Bush had been paying attention to what was going on. But, he was on vacation again - sound familiar?

Have you read the bi-partisan 9/11 Commission Report? Read it, and OPEN YOUR EYES!!

Bush lies, Dave. It's as simple as that. He lies to cover up the fact that he and his whole administration are incompetent and, probably, to make money, too.

Stop avoiding reality, Dave. It's not helping any of us.

----
Bush = Nixon without the competence
----

#235095 03/27/06 12:58 PM
T
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
T
Dave, the vidoetapes were a discusion of just how bad the scope could be and Bush said he was prepared for the worse case senario of the leves breaking, the fact that he thought we were prepared for something of that magitude and we weren't speaks directly to is competence to put the proper people in place to manage our safety. We see this with Bush over and over again in the people he apoints to manage FEMA, Homeland security, mine safety, port management. and defense. Our safety depends on him apointing a competent staff.

Tracey-Kay Caldwell, Democratic Party Editor
#235096 03/27/06 03:50 PM
Zebra
Zebra
I love reading threads like these... I have texasdave 3 AND 4 on ignore... so I can only imagine the bullshite he is coming out with....

On another forum I actually moderate on, we all put a particularly obnoxious member (could be the same one!!) on ignore... he didn't notice for two weeks! It was hilarious!!
I suggest you guys do the sme. the only reason they breathe, is that people who respond to them give them air time....!

#235097 03/27/06 03:53 PM
T
Gecko
Gecko
T
I have never said Bush doesn't make mistakes even on Katrina. Bush however didn't lie and he didn't deliberately allow poor people or minorities to suffer. The local and state governments are more to blame. They have been aware of this problem for years and they have ignored it. They did not enforce mandatory evacuation orders either. All I hear from your side of the aisle is how it's all Bush's fault. You just want to trash Bush. Some of you even tried to put some blame from the tsunami on Bush. It's ridiculous and stupid. And the saddest part of this whole deal is that each of you puts your faith in government rather than God. My faith is in Jesus Christ. Not George Bush. Not government at any level.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.