Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
R
For everyone living in a neighborhood that is regulated by a home owner's association, let's hear your home owner's association stories.

For the record, I am not against home owner's associations. In fact, I think most of the bylaws result in increased property values and make our neighborhoods better. However, sometimes the rules make for interesting stories.

So, let's hear your stories or the rules that have presented the most challenge for you and your neighbors.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
R
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
R
I will start us off. Our bylaws require that 6 shrubs be planted so when I bought my house and started landscaping, I planted 8 shrubs because I was scared to death that if I planted only 6, one might die and then I wouldn't be in compliance.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I attended a Neighborhood Assoc. tonite that is starting to form in my neighborhood. They wanted to stay away from Homeowners, so they are calling it a Neighborhood Assoc. We won't be regulated by the stricter rules assoc. with the other. Mainly set up to get neighbors to know each other. Some present were reluctant to join based on bad experiences they had with homeowners in the past. I've never been a part of one, but this neighborhood assoc. seems to be a great idea.

Ebook: Getting Started in Genealogy

Tina Sansone
Ebook Manager
GENEALOGY Editor
R
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
R
Hey Tina,

That sounds like a great alternative to the traditional neighborhood's association. Neighbors that know each other are definitely going to look out for each other (and each other's property) much closer. It sure makes for a safer neighborhood.

A
A
My new association isn't so bad. I looked over the book we got and mostly its pretty common sense stuff. Some of it is frustrating like asking to just plant a tree but I know why they have these rules in place.

We will be dealing with them shortly to find out if we can fence in our yard because we are on a lake. this might be interesting..

Modular Homes information, Resources and more at Modular Today.
R
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
R
Quote:
We will be dealing with them shortly to find out if we can fence in our yard

Our Association has rules regarding the type of fence that can be built and you have to get it approved prior to building. Basically the fence has to be 6' cedar and the smooth side has to be facing the street. It is a pain to mow because of the posts. However, it sure makes the neighborhood look nice which is the ultimate goal.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.