logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
OP Offline
J
Being an avid reality tv viewer, I've noticed that women of color seem to be typecast and that they are always made out to be the villian. Omarosa is the most notable and she is still cashing in on that label. One might wonder if she hadn't had such a horrible interpersonal relationship with Erica if she would have become a villian at all.

In other shows, they seem to follow suit with portraying women of color in a negative light. Do you think this is purposeful and if so, are they playing to their audience's beliefs and stereotypes or is there another reason for their casting decisions?

Ratings are the end all be all so that could be argued that tension makes for good tv, but does it? Some reality tv celebs have mentioned that during casting, they take all kinds of personality exams. Are people purposefully cast for tension? Your thoughts?

[color:"purple"][b]
J.Lynn
Computer Careers/Reality TV Editor
computercareers@bellaonline.com

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
Ooo thats a touchy subject. You dont know how many times I came to your post and wanted to write something. I dont know... I have to get back to you with this one with a good attitude. If I take to long its because of my boss and maybe I for got (sorry) but I will be back.

Why is it so hard to tell the truth but yet so easy to lie - email
Shark
Shark
I guess some women just want to take the role of a royal pain. But some just act the way they feel in the moment. But it doesnt matter what race the person is. Lets say that their is one of each race in a house and they all got caught up in the same drama but not with each other. They all going to to act the same but present it different from everyone else.

Why is it so hard to tell the truth but yet so easy to lie - email

Moderated by  Katy- RealityTV 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.