logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#218265 10/28/05 02:44 AM
M
OP Offline
M
I have been looking for several hours for a forum to talk about my miscarriage. I hope you ladies can give me some advice or just words of hope. Me and my husband have tried off and on for 6 years to have a baby. We finally were blessed with the news I was expecting. I had a 8 1/2 week ultrasound and everything was fine. We saw the baby's heartbeat and cried. I had every symptom in the book. I welcomed that though. On October 17th I miscarried and the next day I had a D&C. I was exactly 12 weeks pregnant. I am devastated and confused. How could I see the heartbeat and then miscarry? My doctor is the type that she tells you the least amount of information she can. I have just now went online and found out that this has happened to a lot of women. I just always thought once I saw the heartbeat that the baby would be ok. Me and my husband are both still shocked and confused and grieving. My follow up doctor's appointment is November 2nd. Right now I just don't know what to do with myself. I am trying to cope as best as I can. I guess I just wanted to get some other women's advice. If I sound out of it ...or confused...it is because I am. I still don't know how to function not being pregnant. Well I guess that is all I know to say. Please if anybody can relate to what I am going through...please let me know.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
S
I have had two miscarriages one in May and one on Nov. 7th 2005 I really am not sure of how to deal with this situation, because each time my husband really wasn't ready for a baby, we have two children already and he wants to wait a few years before we have another baby... However I am 27 and I don't know if I will be able to have children much longer... I spent a day and a half in the hospital due to complications with the miscarriage, my husband has been wonderful with trying to get me back on track but it's still hard because I wanted my babies and I miss them very much... I have even named the children that I lost and dedicated an entire page in our family photo album to them... I believe my husband is having a hard time he just refuses to show any emotion because he feels that he has to be the calm one in the situation, I understand but I wish he would say something.....

God Bless
Renee'

A
A
Renee,
I deeply sympathize. I am losing my 10 week pregnancy now. It has been a slow process but the doctor confirmed today that the baby isn't growing. My body has started a miscarriage, but it's a little slow/light, so the doc gave me some medicine to take in a few days if nothing more happens.
What I wanted to tell you, though, is that you shouldn't feel pressure about not having children much longer. You have PLENTY OF TIME. Really. Your eggs should be fine until you are around 35 and even then, your fertility will depend on your relative health, your heredity, and other factors.
The miscarriage is not your fault and most most likely not because you are too old.
The way I've been thinking about is that things just didn't zip up right (DNA-wise) this time.
Maybe I'm saying too much, but it's comforting to reach out to someone who's experiencing a terrible loss too.
Peace to you.

Moderated by  Christine - Miscarriage 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.