Print Thread
#215617 10/13/05 08:44 AM
L
Lynnk Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
L
Yesterday, I went to the bank to take care of some business. I sit down with the bank manager and he starts making small talk. At one point, I must have said something about my husband and then it starts!

Bank Manager: Oh, you're married?
Me: Yes
BM: I am married with 2 kids.
BM: Then he starts firing the kid questions at me--Do you have kids, are you planning on having kids, Do you have one on the way? (All of these w/o giving me a chance to answer)
WTF?!?!?!? I am 5'7 and weigh 115 lbs. This A**hole just asked if I have one on the way!
Me: (Just to shut him up) That is something I'll think about in a few years.
A**hole: Well, how old are you? (Can't believe the nerve of this guy!).
Me: 30
A**hole: Well, I guess you still have a FEW years left.
Me: Can we just finish my transaction?

Then as I am ready to leave....

A**hole: Do you WANT kids?
Me: Not that it is any of your business but probably not.
A**hole: Oh, I guess I should shut up now.
Me: You should have a long time ago!!
I turned and walked out.
UGH!!! I am never going to that branch again.

Last edited by Lynnk; 10/13/05 06:09 PM.

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful."

-Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the Younger," Roman stoic philosopher, writer, and politician (4-65).
Sponsored Post Advertisement
#215618 10/13/05 02:30 PM
G
G
Unreal. I went to pick up a food order at a sub shop quite awhile ago and some weirdo there continued to ask me if I had kids, wanted kids, and how I'd change my mind because one day I was going to marry a millionaire (already married), be big and pregnant and so excited to have children. Whatever. I got out of there. People are moronic. You could write to someone above this guy. Although chances are that they'll be a parent too, and so they'll overlook your letter.

~Jennifer~
#215619 10/13/05 06:37 PM
Gecko
Gecko
I'd definitely complain. Anybody worth their salt--whether they have kids or not--should see that was totally inappropriate.

#215620 10/14/05 01:43 PM
G
Amoeba
Amoeba
G
Ugh, people are so rude. Why does it matter what we do with our uterus? Why should they even care if we have kids or not. It seems like they're trying to suck us into some cult.

#215621 10/15/05 04:24 PM
P
P
What a turdbucket! I would be thoroughly irritated as well.

I had a simliar experience, though I was badgered on an airplane. I was on a biz trip making smalltalk with an interesting woman beside me who was coming back from a trip to Africa. She was a Nurse Practitioner and started asking how long I'd been married, when we were planning to have kids, etc. I told her (and this was several years ago before I'd fully decided) that I wasn't sure we were going to go down that road. Her response?

"Oh, well, I think you should. Unless there's some problem with the relationship, that is. But you should. It's perfectly natural."

WTF? Was she implying my husband and I are having problems? Did she think I was freaked out about childbirth? In fact our marriage is so much healthier than most of our friends with kids. And it was none of her business anyway.

It's rude, assuming people like this that make me even more convicted in my decision.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.