logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#203171 07/25/05 09:32 AM
J
OP Offline
J
So my battery has been running when my car is off. I took it into a garage and they said it was something with my amp and they couldn't fix it. I took it into the local audio sore and they said they just had to turn some switch for it to go off ($20 bucks for a switch). anyways....yesterday I had to unconnect my battery and when I reconnected it my car would make this clicking noise when my car was off. (same symptom as before) Now when my car is off and sometimes when it is running it'll make that clicking noise and my overhead lights will blink as well. What can I do to fix this? Do I need to rewire or am I just overlooking something?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
Parakeet
At no point in time should your car be making any kind of noise while it is off. Your lights blinking on and off could be coming from a low battery or trying to pull too much power from your battery to your amp. Make sure your hot wire is connected properly. Do you have an in-line fuse block? If so, you should check and make sure the wires are still leading into it and tight. Is your amp bridged or not? For a start, go in and check all of your wires. Make sure that your amp doesn't still run when the car is off. If so, then it needs to be rewired. When your car is off, your amp should be off. It would be a lot easier if the car was here and I could look it over... Check that and if it still doesn't work, let me know and I'll go do some more looking on mine and try to help some more. One more question, what size and brand amp is it? and what are you trying to push with it?

I know it sounds selfish, but this is my story. - Tidus

If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space. - ??
J
OP Offline
J
I have a 200 watt concord amp pushing 2 10" Mtx subs. I have a wire running straight from my battery to my amp. Under my driver side panel there are a bunch of wires and they aren't done professionally I had a friend install it, plus i had a remote started (that worked for a year maybe) and those wires are there too. I'll try and make time to work on it tonight and take a look at the wiring.
The clicking noise sounds like a turn signal, and when it clicks my door ajar light blinks and my overhead lights blink. Weird huh. But most of the time it'll do it for like 30 seconds and then quit.

Parakeet
Parakeet
I wouldn't run a hot wire straight from the battery to the amp. Install an in-line fuse block. Not hard to do. I don't know how good your friend is, but check and make sure your wires under your driver panel are connected properly. As far as your clicking, that's definately going to be something crossed in your wires. Check your factory manual and see how your wiring is supposed to be done, and then make sure that none of your speaker wires interfere with that. Let me know if you need some help. I have a 500 watt Rockford Fosgate amp pushing two 10" Kicker CompVR. I've never had a problem with something like that...

I know it sounds selfish, but this is my story. - Tidus

If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space. - ??

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.