Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#199148 06/29/05 07:35 AM
conniem Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
I don't know if I am in the right place or not, but here goes: My grandaughter is 14 months old. We babysit and she has started doing something strange now. When she gets mad or doesn't get her way she will pinch herself or pull on her face and hurt herself and then cry. What should we do? I just tell her not to do that, but I would like to understand why she is doing this. Thanks...Connie

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#199149 08/12/05 03:12 PM
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
My daughter will bang her head on the bottom of her play yard or hits herself. My son did something like that too, but he outgrew it. I am hoping my daughter (15 months) will too. I think it has something to do with my daughter getting upset because she can't tell us what she wants. She is learning to talk now, so I think she will outgrow it.

#199150 08/13/05 08:14 AM
conniem Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Tiffany isn't doing this as often now. She is starting to talk too and is getting better at communicating what she wants/needs. Thanks so much for replying! I don't feel so alone now!

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
R
R
I have three teens now and they did " throwing them selves down hitting them selves , biting them selves , pinching, yelling, screaming, pulling thier oun hair and much more. I found that if you respond to this they do it more often. I ignored it and they would stop. It is more of a attention getter cause they see you responce strongly or even just saying no no or anything they keep doing it. This is what i did and all three of mine got out of it fairly quickly. Hope this helps ...

Take Care....Keep me posted ok..
conniem Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
I haven't been babysitting for my grandaughter since November. They moved 14 hours away. It has been very hard on us...mainly me I think as I used to see her every day. She was just here for a month visiting and it was wonderful to see her. She was in full tantrum mode when she first got here and I only had to do this a couple of times. I would tell her "gramma doesn't pay attention to tantrums" and walk out of the room. After a couple of days she quit throwing them.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.