logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#199014 03/24/06 02:14 PM
Gecko
Gecko
I'm reading 'the little book of farting' by Alec Bromcie. It's true*. I'm always reading, I'm really brilliant at it too, I'm quite an intellectual, in fact only last month a finished another book, 'How to Chat-up Babes' I mean, erm, 'the da vinci comb' by oh I've had enough of this.
What I meant to say was that I love books. In fact 'avid book reader' is my middle name. Ask anyone, even my ex wife Harriet 'give me the goddam cheque' kapinski.

*look it up if you don't beleive me

Mind Flight Sonic Warriors free mp3's and hilarious movies involving swans by Robert P. Abelson "The field of statistics is misunderstood by ... Reviewer/1976:,
Peter Flom "statistical consultant" (New York, NY USA) - See ...
Sponsored Post Advertisement
#199015 04/07/06 05:19 PM
Q
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
Q
I'm rereading "Their Eyes Were Watching God". Zora Neale Hurston is my all-time favorite author.

And I just picked up "What Looks Like Crazy on an Ordinary Day" by Pearl Cleague.

Last edited by QuickCookEd; 04/07/06 05:25 PM.

Eileen Brown
Quick Cooking
A new release that I hope that you all will consider reading this month . . .

MY LIFE IS ALL I HAVE by V. Anthony Rivers, the New Intoxicating Story of Unconditional Love with Staggering Consequences

For the past five years, California based writer, V. Anthony Rivers, has published true-to-life stories that depict his deep understanding of people and the idiosyncrasies of life. Now in his latest novel, My Life Is All I Have (Strebor Books International, March 2006, Paperback, $13.00) Rivers takes readers on a vivid journey into the life of an angry and defensive young woman who makes decisions to change her life at all cost. These decisions bring consequences that ultimately affect her and the lives of those closest to her.

Leesha Tyler wants out of �The Jungle,� a Los Angeles neighborhood known for its crime, poverty, and rampant drug and gang activity. With the death of the only person whose unconditional love gave her hope, Leesha is left alone with her estranged mother and her mother�s trifling live-in boyfriend. The only two people who make life bearable in �The Jungle� are Scottie and Trey. Even her close relationship and feelings for them, do not take away the pain and feelings of inadequacies that plague her daily. As her relationship with her mother deteriorates and other untimely events occur, anger and desperation to be free of everything and everyone in �The Jungle� fuels her. It seems the only thing holding her back from freedom is money; she needs lots of it as quickly as possible. It will be her chance encounter with a guard in front of a bank that puts in motion her plan to commit armed robbery. The consequences of this plan are surprising and will change the course of her life towards what she want most of all � freedom.

Published by Zane�s Strebor Books International, My Life Is All I Have, told in raw first-person is filled with the kind of empathy, and pathos readers will have for someone like Leesha Tyler and recognize most about communities and places like �The Jungle.� This story is an exact blend of contemporary fiction and street-lit flair that is sure to solidify V. Anthony Rivers� reputation as a rising star to watch for in the world of contemporary African American literature.

About the Author
V. Anthony Rivers is the author of Daughter By Spirit and Everybody Got Issues. He has also contributed to various anthologies including: Sistergirls.com, Chocolate Flava, Truth Be Told and the forthcoming, Love Is Never Painless, a collection of novellas edited by Zane. A native of Los Angeles, California, he currently resides in Van Nuys, Ca. Mr. Rivers is available for online events, interviews, and book discussion conference calls. To learn more about him and his writings, visit him online at www.vanthonyrivers.com

My Life Is All I Have is available nationwide where books are sold!

MY LIFE IS ALL I HAVE
V. Anthony Rivers
Strebor Books, March 2006
$13.00, ISBN: 1593090579

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Nina-AALit 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.