Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#198752 06/26/05 09:23 PM
S
Sue24 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I just had a miscarriage for my first pregnancy,I was nine weeks pregnant. This just happened two days ago. I feel so guilty. Everybody keeps telling me it's not my fault, but I feel like there must be something I did wrong. I work as nurse on a maternity unit. I don't know how I am going to face going back to work.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#198753 06/27/05 06:04 AM
Amoeba
Amoeba
SUE24

Firstly, I am so sorry for your loss.

I had my first miscarriage 17 years ago at the age of 25 - I was seven weeks pregnant and was undergoing fertility treatment at the time - we'd been trying for 4 years. I was devastated and felt that I could not face the world or my friends and family - I was ashamed! Going back to work to be amongst colleagues who I'd told of my forthcoming pregnancy joy was something I dreaded more than anything. I didn't however, return back to work for a good few weeks until a colleague phoned me to tell me that I was not to blame myself, that it was out of my hands and that she too, had undergone something similar. I returned to work shortly after and threw myself into my work waiting and planning for the next pregnancy - they say to leave it three months to allow your body to heal. Many people will tell you that there will be other pregnancies and other babies, which won't be of the slightest comfort to you at this devastating time - you may say to yourself "but I wanted that baby." All of these feelings are normal Sue - you are mourning your loss. You will find that there are many women out there who have suffered a miscarriage so you are not to blame yourself - time will heal you, but very slowly. Although I hasten to say that you will never ever forget your loss and the feelings that you are going through at the moment. I only hope that I have helped you a little as my colleague did for me all that time ago - I have never forgotten her comfort.
Women and their partners who suffer a miscarriage often have severe grief over the loss of their baby. It does not matter how far along the mother was at the time of her loss, and, in fact, many women grieve as much over the loss of a baby in the first trimester as they do for a stillborn baby or a baby that dies many months or years after birth. Grief is very individual, and friends and loved ones should try to be kind and supportive through this difficult process.
God bless you and comfort you in your time of sorrow! I am thinking of you.

Moderated by  Christine - Miscarriage 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.