logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#192431 05/18/05 01:30 PM
T
OP Offline
T
I'm just wondering - does anyone take the pill without any breaks (so that there are no periods at all)? I'm curious because here in norway the doctors tell me that they can't find anything wrong with doing it, but they're still reluctant to recommend it to all of their patients. Do any of you do it? As well as not wanting kids, i'm not particulary fond of periods, either...so, if i don't have to have them, why should i?
Or does that make me just TOO much of an un-female monster...?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#192432 05/19/05 12:03 AM
M
Amoeba
Amoeba
M
I take the pill that way. I'll go 3-5 packages where I dont take the inactive pills, and then I'll start my period before the 6th package. It's quite nice to be able to scedule my period like that, and I know many women who do the same thing. You should start your period sometime, so dont take it like that for too long, so your body can flush itself every once in awhile, but it's perfectly safe. My doctor actually recommended it to me when I asked her to put me on this pill thats supposed to surpress your period for 4 months. She told me that she heard a lot of complaints about the side effects of that pill, then began to explain how I could do the exact same thing with the birth control pills I have now. So, to answer your question, yes, its perfectly fine for you to do that. I've been doing it since I was 19 (I'm 22 now), and I've had no bad side effects. In fact, the only side effect that I've noticed is that my breast start to get larger after the 2nd pack.
And as to the "does that make me too unfemale" comment, what do you mean by that?
There's nothing "unfemale" about not wanting your period LOL. No woman enjoys thier period.

#192433 05/19/05 02:26 AM
Shark
Shark
I used to pill to skip my period for several years until my guy got his vasectomy and I went off birth control. It is perfectly safe and believed to be more effective because by skipping the placebo pills you are not giving your body a chance to ovulate. As for Seasonale it is just a packaging gimmick you don't need a special pill to skip your period you can do it with most any birth control pill.

#192434 05/19/05 03:32 AM
T
OP Offline
T
thanks for the advice! About the un-female comment...everyone i've mentioned this to (mainly women) are HORRIFIED!!! They say 'you mean you don't get a period at all????' and then they all say 'That's not natural.' But when I tell them that taking birth control pills in the first place is not 'natural', and that the period they get in between is a false period, they glaze over, get defensive and insist it IS real, and it means that they're natural and fertile. Crazy, if you ask me...
But thanks again for the advice - this site is laying all my worries to rest...much cheaper than therapy!!!! Ha Ha

#192435 05/19/05 12:19 PM
B
Amoeba
Amoeba
B
I had to start taking the pill because I never ovulated or had a period. Not getting rid of the excess as you should can raise your risks of certain kinds of cancer and such. Of course, taking the pill raises other risks, so it's a give and take. I prefer to take the risks associated with the pill because they also ease many of the symptoms of PCOS that I deal with.

There's a new type of birth control out where you only have four periods a year. I guess they figured that's a good number to keep down the possible side effects.

#192436 05/20/05 03:27 AM
M
Amoeba
Amoeba
M
Yeah, the birth control pill you're referring to is seasonal, and you can do the same thing with most all birth control pills, as was mentioned, as you can with that one. In my first post I mentioned that I have my period about 4-5 times a year so I can cleans out my system.

#192437 05/20/05 12:53 PM
Shark
Shark
I think most women agree that menstration is natures natural way of cleansing, although some women continue to douche which is not healthy. When I was on the pill I skipped every other period. Sometimes If I went longer than 2 months I would have break-through bleeding so I decided to keep it at every other cycle. I am considering going back on the pill. My cycle is so crazy now. I can go anywhere from 33 to 70 days without menstrating and I hate it because it is so random and I don't know when I am going to start. Sometimes I will even have cramps and all the symptoms of my period but not actually bleed.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.