logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#192034 05/13/05 02:55 PM
K
OP Offline
K
Does anyone have any advice, sage or otherwise, for sculpting ideas using sedums? I have been collecting all things wire to fill with moss and sedum cuttings, making wreaths with wire forms, moss and fishing line as well as balls of moss and cuttings to place on wrought iron candle holders. It is all very fun and easily done in a seated position which is how I am to garden now due to disablity. I am new to BellaOnline and am looking forward to discussing all things garden.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#192035 05/14/05 07:37 AM
Koala
Koala
Hi Karensflowers, sounds like you are good with sedum...I have a donkeys tail and it looks horrible! I repotted it so that it doesn't hang over the pot as that is where all the little things fell off it where it rubs against the pot. Mine is just a small guy too. Connie

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
#192036 05/14/05 05:26 PM
K
OP Offline
K
Connie, Thank you for your comments. I do not have a Donkey/Burro Tail (Sedum morganianum) Wish I did. If your really ambitiuos, you can lay those fleshy little leaves on damp sand or coarse potting soil and they will root. Then, give them as gifts or plant in the mother pot for new plants to cover your bare stems. I understand the trailing stems can grow three feet! The other alternative is to cut them back (Yikes!) and new shoots will grow. 2-3 inch stem cuttings will root also. Okay, I talked myself into it. Not that I NEED another plant, I can shelter a B tail outdoors this summer and bring it in for the winter. I have a feeling I will need some artificial light for my house this fall. Gardening is perfect for a womans nurturing soul. I have one daughter graduating from college in June and is moving to Pennsylvania, another daughter still in college and will be out of the nest soon also. I recommend plants to any pre-menopausal woman who thinks they might want another child. I must say that with all of their challenges they are less trouble than a miniature schnauzer. (Plants not children :>)

#192037 05/15/05 08:18 AM
Koala
Koala
We moved to Oklahoma it will be 2 years this Thanksgiving. We have one child left at home and have 4 children. The three older ones left very closely together so it is very quiet around here! My son quit counting plants when they hit 50. Our house has wonderful windows (it is almost 100 yrs old and I think windows were essential to keep a house cooled off back then) and things grow so easily here ('cept that darn donkey tail LOL). We have a year old grandbaby that is precious, but she doesn't live here and so we see her twice a month. We have 3 dogs, 2 great danes and a sheltie. Connie

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
#192038 05/31/05 10:51 AM
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
There's a wonderful book on making wreaths from live plants. The title is "Living Wreaths." It was published by Gibbs-Smith, and may be available in your library. Lots of the examples the author show are made from succulents.
Good luck with your gardening.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.