logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Shark
Shark
I'm not a huge bowler but I do love cosmic bowling!! And duckpin bowling too, an old childhood favorite...

I think bowling's a fun alternative evening out with friends!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Cosmic is fun if you're trying to just have fun or like you said, an evening out with friends. duckpin is one of your favorites? I've never tried it. Where are you from that you got to play that?

I know it sounds selfish, but this is my story. - Tidus

If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space. - ??
I bowled competitively from the time I was 5 until I was 15. I absolutely despise bowling to this day. I liked it then, and was never made to do it. However, my older brother bowled on the same league I did and if I didn't bowl I would have to watch. So I decided I would do it. My brother still bowls to this day, and has bowled 8 300 games. He is very good at it, and actually thought about going pro. It's just not for me.

"A Girl Should Be Two Things, Classy and Fabulous." Coco Chanel
Shark
Shark
Quote:
duckpin is one of your favorites? I've never tried it. Where are you from that you got to play that?

I grew up in Maryland. Some of our local bowling alleys used to have both duckpin and regular bowling. Duckpin has much smaller pins and the ball can fit in your palm and has no finger holes. It was a winner among the little kids because the bowling balls were lighter and easier to throw down the alley!

I recently went with some of my friends to an old duckpin alley and we had a blast (from the past!)...Fun times!

Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
LadyViper,
If you bowled for 10 years, why do you despite it today? I understand that some sports are just not for some people, but why for ten years then start hating it? Just burnt out?

WW13,
Ok. A northerner. I knew I've never heard of any duckpin alleys in Arkansas or anywhere in the south. Bowling is always fun to do with friends, and I'm glad you had a good time.

THANK YOU for being here. Read my post on being hit by, believe it or not, JIHAD hackers because of my work with a Veterans site. But, I overcame and am back. I appreciate your participation and FORGIVE ME for not being here.
Gary King, BOWLING HOST and thanking you. GK

You CAN reach your dreams!
Shark
Shark
Haha yes, a northerner indeed. I live in the DC area now and haven't seen duckpin in a long time (it used to be a kids favorite, but now it seems that lanes have gutter-blockers for the kids)...Last year I went to an old duckpin alley in Baltimore and it was hilarious, but fun...

Parakeet
Parakeet
I averaged 160 in my prime.

I've been bowling since I was 6 years old and average about 170. I just introduced my youngest to it last summer with an adult/junior league, and she's fallen in love with it too. It's a great sport for us to do together, especially since it's the only sport I can do at all. She's averaging 120 after only a year and got the high scratch game award for girls this year.

There's a cute (I think so, at least) story about bowling with my son posted on my Authors Den pages if you're interested.

~Joyce Scarbrough
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
I've taken about 6 weeks off of bowling, but will start again the 31st. I'm changing houses (major conflicts with the manager of the local center) and will be driving about a hour and a half (one way) to bowl. I'm a diehard Track loyalist.

Joyce,
How old is your youngest? After a year, I think I was only about a 90 average or so. I'm up to around 190 now (8 years later) but still learning everyday. Congrats on her award.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.