Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Parakeet
Parakeet
Quote:
Is nt a unholy angle a demon? just wondering

Yes, here's a link for biblical references to angels & the devil.

Angels & the Devil a Biblical look at who they are

Sponsored Post Advertisement
I believe everyone has to decide for themselves what God wants for them. I personally can't watch alot of those shows and I don't allow my children to because I don't think it is right. There are some like horror flicks that I don't like that my daughter and husband do and they watch them without me. If they have demonic things in them I do not allow her to watch them and I prefer not to have them in my house.
A person can be used of God to give prophesey if they are spiritually right with God. Satan can also use people if they are willing to be used, and some people I believe are more suseptible to that than others. We as parents have a hard job to decide which is right for our children and which are not. As christians we should not judge another because they choose something different than what we would do.

J.Bull

As for me and my house we will serve the Lord.
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Thank you J.Bull. Those are very good points.

C
C
I'll give you one reason why. Because those people were spiritual people. What I mean is they practiced spirituality not christianity. These people lived and breathed their religion. As they cooked they prayed or chanted, offered blessings/sacrifices of food etc, as they worked they prayed/chanted, when they awoke they prayed/chanted and offered blessings, everything they did was for their God it was their entire way of life. He was not some far off being that was never seen or heard he was a daily-all day part of their lives, not just someone to go to church and hear about every Wednsday and Sunday. He was everyday all day. They spoke to him often, they understood their religion and where it came from and how to worship. Spirituality was a way of life.
How many people do you know that live like that today? How many people do you know that have studied their religion and knows where it came from and how it came about? (I'm not talking about reading the bible either, but people who have really studied their religion)?
Let's do a quick quiz just on general christianity without looking up answers; just answer on what you know or believe. Everyone join in with their answers.
1. Jesus was born to a virgin, who after his death goes to heaven as a divine being. Was he the 1st?
2. Was Easter origianlly a christian holiday?
3. Was Christmas originally a christian holiday?
4. Was Jesus the 1st divine being to be crucified for the sins of his people or to be resurected?
5. Is baptism originally a christian practice?
6. Jesus's miracles healing the sick, exorcism, bringing the dead back, helping the fishermen, feeding the hungry with little food, etc. Was he the first to perform these miracles?
7. Are there more books to the bible than what you get nowdays?
8. Is the cross a christian symbol?
9. Are the fish (vesica piscis) a christian symbol?
10. Was the catholics the 1st christians?

I think we should get some interesting answers looking forward to reading them and giving my answers.

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Quote:
How many people do you know that live like that today? How many people do you know that have studied their religion and knows where it came from and how it came about? (I'm not talking about reading the bible either, but people who have really studied their religion)?

Actually, I know quite a few.

If anyone decides they should take their time and answer your quiz, I ask you to be very friendly in your answer. We are not about debating here. I like this to be a place where Christians and others can chat without stress.

C
C
Quote:
Quote:

Actually, I know quite a few.

If anyone decides they should take their time and answer your quiz, I ask you to be very friendly in your answer. We are not about debating here. I like this to be a place where Christians and others can chat without stress.

First I have absolutely no intention of being unfriendly. Nor are the questions unfriendly. And why would answering a little quiz cause stress? I am not debating I am simply making a point and at the same time trying to answer a question that was asked. People always give their opinions easily as answers but to really teach one must encourage the one asking the question to try to find the answer themselves and not just take the first person who answers word for it. Encourage them to ask others, to do research, to really learn. That is one of the main problems with alot of kids and adults, nowdays is that everything is handed to them without showing them how to get it themselves. Everyone should try to learn something new everyday whether they agree with it or not.

Secondly stated you knew "quite a few" but to which question?

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Quote:
Secondly stated you knew "quite a few" but to which question?

That's my answer to the questions in the quote box. I know many people who spend a great deal of time studying the Christian belief. Thats their main focus in life - growing closer to God and knowing their belief.

I am sorry if I jumped the gun, thinking that you were being inflamatory. I've seen a few too many people who just want to argue and put down Christians. Their are Believers in all stages - from new to seasoned - who come to this forum. I want them to be encouraged here.

C
C
Ahh well the fist question kinda goes with the above part and then the second was just a general question to go with the quiz. But really today people just don't live like that not in they way they did spiritually probrably the ones tha live closest to that are nuns and monks. Does that make us wrong or less? No, I don't think so. It gives us something to strive towards though. Whether or not one is new or seaseoned in their beliefs it never hurts to encourage them to learn something that could bring them closer to their sprituality, God, etc. It is the close minded one track thought that prevents most people in my opinion from living the way we were discussing, and thats why angels and messengers were common place in that time period and not today.

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
A good way to know if something is coming to you from God and not something else (Satan)is to see if thew word you are getting lines up with scripture.

If it doesn't, then it is not from God

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Koala
Koala
I still think God can and will use whatever he wants to get his message across...I have seen the books that say to pray to the angels and that is just weird to me because God speaks english just like me so why do I need or want an interperter?

I have also seen books on praying to or through Saints and Mary... I dont understand this either

the onlything I can think of is that the saint, Angel or Mary represents something and helps you focus on what your pray is about or for you to be mindful of your intentions...

For Example (please forgive this my Catholic reader)

I want to pray for help in being more kind and loving to others so I think about Saint? Mother Terissa and how she lived her life and how she loved God. So I pray something like Dear Lord Help me to Live like Mother Terissa and remember that there is power in ever small thing we do and dont do for others in your name. Amen

I have no idea if this is what they mean by praying through or to a Saint angel or Mary.... but I think God can use us in any form we come to him in anyways!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Lynne - ChristianLiving 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.