Baha'is are a lucky group, we have so much information to study. We have Buddhist writing of Buddha, and the Torah of the Hebrews and then we have the Old Testament. We also have the Testament of Christ in the New Testament. Then we also have Koran of Islam. Then we have hundreds of writings from Baha'u'llah, Abdu'l-Baha, and Shoghi Effendi.

You may wonder why I chose the above title for this Topic. I wanted to show you that Baha'i respect and value all the sacred scriptures of all the prophets.

Baha'u'llah wrote: "We have also heard a number of the foolish of the earth assert that the genuine test of the heavenly Gospel doth not exist amongst the Christians, that it hath ascended unto heaven, How oblivious of the fact that such a statement imputeth the gravest injustice and tyranny to a gracious and loving Providence! How could God, when once the Daystar of the beauty of Jesus had disappeared from the sight of His People...cause His holy Book, His most great testimony amongst His creatures, to disappear also?"(Kitab-i-Iqan)

Fifty years later, his son Abdu'l-Baha said, "Fifty Years ago no one would touch the Christian Bible in Persia. Baha'o'llah cam and asked , 'Why?' They said,'It is not the Word of God', He said, 'You must read it with understanding of his meaning, not as those who merely recite its words.'...Baha'u'llah spead the Cause of Christ and opened the Book of the Christians and Jews." (The Promulgation of Univeral Peace)

Sandy Mullins
Baha'i Faith Editor
Baha'i Faith Site | Forum | Email

"...when every child of God realized that they are leaves of one tree, flowers in one garden, drops in one ocean, and sons and daughters of one Father, whose name is love!" Abdu'l-Baha