logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#177275 01/03/05 08:46 AM
gilbert Offline OP
OP Offline
Workplace Ergonomics is the science of fitting workplace conditions and job demands to the capabilities of employess. Ergonomic principles are used to improve the "fit" between the worker and the workplace. A practical approach to Ergonomics considers the match between the person, the equipment they use the work processes and the work environment.

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome simply means that there is a compression of the median nerve in the hand. This nerve sits inside a tunnel in the hand whose floor and walls consist of bones known as carpal bones. The roof of this tunnel is a structure called the transverse carpal ligament. Besides the nerve, there are nine tendons which flex the fingers and thumb and run in the canal.Carpal Tunnel Syndrome comprises 13% of all workplace injuries.

By doing ergonomic exercises, we can avert carpal tunnel syndrome,neck pain, back pain, shoulder pain. etc.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Thank you for your definition of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and Workplace Ergonomics. For further reading, you might wish to read the article on Computer Related Injuries at: http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art26326.asp
-ed.

Elephant
Elephant
Many people worry about the ergonomics of their workplace, and then disregard the ergonomics of their home computers and work areas. Be sure to see to those desks, chairs, etc. at home as well. (says the new owner of a fabulous clamp-on keyboard tray....)

So very true! And I am embarrassed to admit I am one of those who disregard. Well, at least in terms of buying new things. I do tend to take a lot of movement breaks - I even try out new moves while I am waiting for websites to come up/databases to process, etc. My favorite is rolling around on the fit ball. That can really tone ya!

B
B
Just to add, I believe that the unseen factor that most people fail to realize is that the less familiar injuries take its toll on the productivity of the workers who actually perform their daily routines. The decline in quality of work can be observed during the course of time.

Efficiently and Safely, The Ergonomic Way
http://www.ergo-items.com
C
C
hi,
if u want to know briefly about ergonomic workplace visit this link www.safecomputingtips.com. In this site they described very clearly about ergonomics and they covered all differnet kinds of ergonomic problems

frm
chris

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.