logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#177205 11/10/05 01:21 PM
J
J
Hi. I am new and found this forum because I am looking for information about hypothyroidism. I have so many symptoms and know nothing about this. I am making an appt. with my doctor. What is homeopathy? Do this symptoms go away with treatment? Any info to someone who is clueless but sick and tired of feeling sick and tired would be helpful!

Thank you!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#177206 11/16/05 04:50 AM
E
Koala
Koala
E
Hi Jenn

To answer your question about homeopathy: it is a complementary, holistic treatment, and the concept is treating the symptoms with tiny, frequent amounts of a (usually natural) remedy that mimics the same symptoms, slowly and gently stimulating the body's immune system and restoring normal function. Vaccinations work on this similar principle - treating "like with like".

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
#177207 08/20/06 01:47 AM
D
D
Hi,

I am also hypothyroid and have Hashimotos Disease. If that's not enough, I also have Fibromyalgia, so I can't tell which I am aching from. Along with aching all over from head to toe, I am just drained and so tired all the time. Some days I am a little better than others. I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism on October 14, 2002. In September 2004, I found out that I have Fibromyalgia. I am still on the same dosage of 50 MCG (or 0.05 MG) of Synthroid Tablets. I go in and have my bloodwork done on a regular basis, and the doctor has never changed my dosage. This is strange to me, since everyone that I know of has to have their dosage regulated or adjusted. It's funny that the doctor seems to have just out of the blue, started me on the dosage that I am still currently on. I saw a Rheumatologist in 2002 (referred by my doctor). And this Rheumatologist then diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia and prescribed pain medication, a muscle relaxer and Ambien, to help with my symptoms. I'm still struggling with all the symptoms that I mentioned above. On January 9, 2006, I saw an Endocrinologist and he too did not change my Synthroid dosage. I am seeing my Rheumatologist this month, to see if he can help me further with my Fibromyalgia symptoms and to try to differentiate my symptoms between having Hypothyroidism (along with Hashimotos Disease and Fibromyalgia. I welcome your comments and any help that you might give about all of this. "Thank you."

P.S. I just wanted to add that I recently (on June 8, 2006) joined Curves (for Women), to see if exercise could help. So far, I can't tell much of a difference most days, but there have been a few days that I feel much better, emotionally and physically just by going to Curves! Some days after working all day and going to Curves, I have to lay down when I get home and rest and hopefully sleep, and then get up and do some things that I need to do to get ready for the next day. My husband helps at home a lot, and our daughters are 22 and 13 and they are helpful. I just push on and go to work even though in the mornings I can hardly go! I am married and have 2 daughters that I do things for, and I am hopeful that I will feel like doing fun things with my husband and my daughters, like going fishing, playing basketball, just whatever is fun to them, etc.
I am 45 years and old and somewhat overweight and I am hoping that Curves will help me to lose weight too, and I am hoping to feel less achy, tired and drained. I have lost 5 1/2 inches, but havn't lost weight yet, but I know that I will!

Last edited by DebbieClayton61; 08/20/06 02:29 AM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.