Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
C
Up on my site are a few articles details specifics about different Martial Arts styles. There are a lot more articles to come but I'm curious what people think is the Martial Arts style that best fits them.

For me right now it's Tai Chi. I've enjoyed learning about the internal aspects, working on my body with my breathe as much as my movements for muscles.

I am working to go into Kung Fu as I love the forms and the beauty of their flowing movements.

- Sifu Caroline
Martial Arts
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Elephant
Elephant
I've been wanting to get serious about it for quite some time as well as get my son into it. I went through a bad three months of bronchitis and was unable to workouts which really aggravated all my injuries to the point of having to seek professional help. I started seeing a rolfer then got into yoga and slowly I was able to get back into doing weights and the recumbent bike, then hiking and running again. I finally feel ready to get into it but I'm so lost about what to do and I don't want to end up hurt again. My boyfriend is encouraging me to do aikido, one of my client's, a former cop and military gal, suggested jiujitsu. After reading some of your descriptions and reading Bruce Lee the Tao of Gung Fu, I kind of want to try that but still unsure.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

C
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
C
Hi Monica! Some great questions and you're right to be concerned. I actually suffer from some serious bronchitis and asthma so I know exactly what it feels like to try to work out and getting out of breath. I can tell you that there are several people I work with across many disciplines who have chosen to start martial arts to help them with their breathing.

Aikido and Jiujitsu are pretty similar so either one you start with won't be a bad option. I honestly believe that for a beginner, the key is more who the teacher is than the style itself. Do you have either styles taught near you?

I don't think there's anything that you can go "wrong" with. You sound like you've recovered quite well from your bronchitis if you're able to get on the bike and other activities. I would really take some time to visit some schools to find out.

I had promised to do some articles this month about training so I might as well go ahead and start with the first one: Questions to ask when you prepare to visit a school. Might help you out. Please let me know if you find this helpful.

Last edited by Sifu Caroline; 04/03/05 08:24 PM.

- Sifu Caroline
Martial Arts

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.