logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
jmb Offline
Shark
Shark
I can't believe that I forgot Janny Wurtz!
I adore the "Empire" trilogy that she wrote with Raymond Feist.
Daughter of the Empire, Servant of the Empire and Mistress of the Empire are all awesome. The main charater Mara is a strong, intelligent woman who uses all of her resources to fight for her family and for the Empire that she loves. The characters are so rich that you get very attached to them. I try to read this trilogy every other year or so. Be prepared to get sucked in.
Note: I think that if you have read the "Riftwar" trilogy from Raymond Feist that you will have some background for understanding the "Empire" books, but I think that you will still enjoy if you have not read the "Riftwar" books.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
LML Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Wow! Lots of great recommendations here. My list is getting very long smile

R
R
Wow! Why in the world have I not found this site before? I now have a list of authors for when I go to the used book store tomorrow. Going to a bookstore for me is like getting lost in time. I am a book-a-holic, but sci-fi is my favorite. I cannot give up my Asimov or Andre Norton-did you know she wrote over 200 books? I think she was a role model for women in sci-fi. I just read an author that I thought was refreshingly original (is that an oximoron?). Tony Daniel. The book was "Warpath". I had to look up on the internet to see if he had written any more. Warpath was his first but he has written three more. Am looking for those, too. Sigh-bet I come back tomorrow laden down with books.

Glenda

E
Koala
Koala
E
I know what you mean, I just love the feeling that I'm not going to run out of good books to read anytime soon. What a luxurious feeling.

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
Parakeet
Parakeet
I would recommend books by Ben Bova

Ben Bova books I like include:
MARS
RETURN TO MARS
MOONRISE
MOONWAR

I would also recommend the Dragonriders of Pern series by Anne McCaffery. These include DRAGONFLIGHT, DRAGONQUEST, WHITE DRAGON and many more.

For fun and laughs I recommend the Myth Adventures series by Robert Asprin. These include ANOTHER FINE MYTH, MYTH CONCEPTIONS, MYTH DIRECTIONS, HIT OR MYTH and many more. These books are a very funny parody of fantasy books.

I also highly recommend
DAY OF THE TRIFFIDS by John Wyndham
CLONED LIVES by Pamela Sargent
CONTACT by Carl Sagan
WOLVES OF MEMORY by George Alec Effinger

LML Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Ben Bova is one of those authors that I always mean to read, but never got to. I'll have to see what my library has.

Same with Dragonriders. I've noticed my library now offers download of audio books, so I might have to check out Dragonriders and listen on my MP3 player.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  SF/FBooks Evelyn 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.