logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
katelyn Offline OP
OP Offline
My doctor is requiring me to take a two week vacation from all pain meds-in other words-NO
pain meds for two weeks.

Have you ever had to do this?

Have you ever heard of this?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
katelyn Offline OP
OP Offline
PLEASE take part in this poll, i want to be able to take the results to my doctor, to try and change his mind. i really need your help.

thank you and
God Bless,
kathy in texarkana

Hi Kathy,
Sorry to just have read your post. I am a new mwmber. I have had to go off all med for over 30 days to take part in a study on Fibro. It was the WORST!

I have also gone off drugs fro a week or tow to try to see what was really working by re-introducing druga one at a time. I was difficult but I got through it. I also was able to eliminate 6 out of 10 things that were doing nothing for me but making me a little weird(LOL)

Good luck in the future. I have had diagnosed Fibro for 8 yers. I am always looking for somethhing to improve the quality of my life.

Davenjoz (Mary Jo)

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Hi, Kathy and Mary Jo,
I was diagnosed with fibro. about 6 years ago, by a physician assistant. I had complained to my doctor for a number of years and started to feel like maybe I was crazy. This girl (PA) took extra time to actually look at all my symptoms and work through them with me. I guess my doctor was too busy to spend that much time with me. Anyway, it was a relief to find that there are others out there!
Everything that I have read says that consistency is the best thing to help. Eating good foods, keeping regular hours of sleep, and not overdoing it when you are having good days. I tend to start something when I feel good and then have a hard time stopping (to eat or rest) before I start to hurt.
For ten years, I have been on a regimen of muscle relaxers and pain meds. I rarely take the relaxers and have to donitor myself with the pain meds. The Dr. only allows a certain # per month, so I have to monitor myself. Some days, I use the RX 3 or 4 times, when I have overdone it (like weeding my flower beds or working on the computer too long). Then I have to slow down my activities so that I can manage without so much RX so I will try to do without for a few days. Yes, we do need our meds but the Drs. just want to make sure that we are not addicted. It does happen. Oprah had a housewife on who took pain meds 2 & 3 at a time, just to prevent pain. Things like that make all doctors check their patients who have persistent pain.
Some drugs do weird things like Mary Jo said and are totally worthless for the pain, like muscle relaxers. Sometimes an antidepressant can work wonders where not so much pain med is needed. Drs. still don't know enough about fibromayalgia to really do more than just try to help but at least they are beginning to recognize the disease (and acknowledge that there are alot of people who have it).
Good Luck in your search for a better quality of life! It can be somewhat managed, at least most days I think so! Trish (babyquacker)

Moderated by  Fibro Herbs 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.