logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
The bald eagle has made an appearance in Canada's east coast province of Newfoundland. But new studies show that his diet is not what you might expect...Listen to what Bob McDonald, host of my favourite Saturday Science show on CBC radio, called Quirks and Quarks, found out:

http://www.cbc.ca/quirks/media/2003-2004/mp3/qq-2004-03-13d.mp3

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
Shelley, I have been trying to listen to this all day. It seems to get get stuck on "tuning in". Don't know if it is my computer or the program.

So, please tell me, just what are these honored bird eating?

Rose

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Rose, the eagles have been spotted preying on newborn caribou calves!! A local Newfoundland biologist had started to notice this unusual behaviour and has begun a study to track them and try to discover just why the sudden shift in diet.

I will try to see if I can find a different link to get you to the audio interview. It's really quite interesting. I just tried the above link again and it is still ok, for me. Perhaps it is your computer but let me see if I can find another. If I do, I'll edit it into this message.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rose, try this one:
http://www.cbc.ca/quirks/archives/03-04/mar13.html

Scroll down to the *Bald Eagle* segment (I think it's the third story down) and click on the *mp3* link. Hopefully, that will work for you.

I'm going to wait until I get to school on Monday and pull up that site. I know my old dial-up connection at home will be way to slow. Then I'll get tired of waiting, go and do something "for just a minute" while I wait, get distracted, then 3 hours later wonder why I haven't had any calls all day and suddenly realize I've left the internet connection on. Anyone else do stuff like this?

Mmmmmmmmmmm....Baps
Gecko
Gecko
I thought your first link didn't work because just a strange, almost empty screen opened up. I then tried the second link, following your instructions, and the same thing resulted. Undaunted by two failures, I clicked on the RealPlayer symbol in the upper right of this open, almost empty screen, and when a little window opened, I clicked on the "Play in RealPlayer" option. Then I was in business. With the high-speed connection I waited just seconds to be able to listen to the entire bald eagle/caribou calves segment. I guess one positive thing about this diet shift is that the number of caribou calves affected is still in the "relatively few" category.

Moderated by  Deb - Animal Life 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.