logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#147198 09/11/04 10:31 AM
OP Offline
I from Poland. I live 37 km from border polish - german. This town name Boleslawiec. Every days we welcome lot of Americans. They love come here.
The Poles love the Americans.
We have the famous factories and manufactures where we made the pottery. This is hand made pottery. The Americans love collect items.
If someone would like come here I should to be the guide. We could go together visit all manufactures and factories. You could buy this beautiful pottery . We can visit town , castle KLICZKOW and all Lower Silesia.
From Boleslawiec is only 200 km to golden city Praque.We can go together to Praque. While the way You should admire old mountain Karkonosze.
We waiting You in Boleslawiec lovers

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Malgosia,

We have purchased some pottery from Boleslawiec from a store here in Peoria, Illinois. We really like the pottery but it is so expensive here that we cannot afford to buy very many pieces so we are buying them one by one.
I was curious if you work for company that provides guides for tourists or is this your own business?

Theo

OP Offline
Theo,
I work at public service work, but my dream is have my small buissne and to attract the Americans and French/ I speak french/ tourists.
I would like now establish my own website.
I think that is good idea when The Poland is in Europeene Community.
In Boleslawiec are lot of Americans but most people are from military family who stay in German. Maybe other people would like visit the country where the climate for the Americans are very friendly.
I know that this pottery is very expansive. I mean, for us the inhabitants the pottery is more expansive than for us. I can give You exemple.
The women who work in pottery s factory earn 300 USD.
However the pottery is hand made , it have old tradition from severals centures and it worth have even severals pieces.Malgosia

:kiss:

Malgosia,
I agree that it is good that Poland is now a member of the European Community and I am sure this will be good for business and the country.
Are there other attractions in Boleslawiec for tourists in addition to the pottery factories?
I am told that the pottery is hand painted and so it takes a great deal of time for each piece to be painted in this way and so this explains the greater price.
My wife and I plan to visit Poland someday but it will not be until 2006. We are saving our money for the trip now. I am studying Polish and enjoying the language and learning about your wonderful country.
I appreciate any information about Poland you would like to share with me.

Do widzenia
Theo

S
SRS Offline
Shark
Shark
S
Malgosia:

I wish you luck getting your business started. Now that Poland is part of the European Union it should open many doors for you. Stop by our Small Office/Home Office site for tips in starting a business and putting a website together. And our Web Design site should offer some helpful tips too!

If someone was planning a trip to your region of Poland, what time of year would you suggest they visit?

S
SRS Offline
Shark
Shark
S
Theo:

I hope you get a chance to visit our Polish Culture site. It is fabulous! Our host, Jaga, has a great forum and regular live chats. Maybe you and your wife can pick up some helpful language tips. You could be fluent by 2006!

Will you be visiting any other countries when you visit?

Sarah,
Yes, I spend quite a bit of time at the Polish Culture site. It is very interesting with some extremely nice people there. I have met Jaga via the forum and she is very knowledgeable and an interesting person with a wide variety of interests.
When we are able to travel to Europe we will most likely fly to Germany and then drive to Poland. I would like to stay for three weeks.
Ha! I am afraid I will not be fluent by 2006. I find the Polish language a bit difficult but fun.

Theo

Malgosia,
Are you familiar with any other cities in Poland?
Praque is certainly a must see place but we may not have time to see it on this trip. How about Cracow or Lublin?

Theo

OP Offline
Theo and Sarah,
Thank You Your advice about my plan establish my small buisnes. I think lead the firm in Poland is much more difficult than in US.
Our low is very complicated yet. When I register the firme I must pay expansive tax and insuranceeven when I have nt the profit yet.

OP Offline
Theo,
Cracow and Lublin are the most beautiful old citys in Poland. It is worth see but it is farther than to Praque.However if You would like come here we could go to Cracow and Lublin and other places. 10 milion american citizens have polish ancestors. Maybe You have one?
It is thrue that the best way come to Boleslawiec is fly to German. All Americans like go to Frankfurt and from Frankfurt fly to Dresden. From Dresden is only 150 km to Boleslawiec.
I invite You.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.