logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
The name Savannah bothers me a lot.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
There are some names that make me sick. It's not really that I dislike them, it's more that I get a bad memory or feeling or something when I hear some names. (Sorry to those who have these names!) For example:
Timothy
Eli
Peter
Carly
Iris
Any name like Lakeshia, Daeshawna or Quaniesha

Lark

"It's kinda restful, when you see that you're not alone. We're finally together here in the unknown."
I totally agree with you. I prefer unusual names like Luca, Makenna, Prudence etc. I am sick of the names Madison, Emily and William. I also think John is the ferrelest name ever.

Hey ask my friends Pam and Jodie why they legally changed their names from Prudence and Gladys.

Amoeba
Amoeba
I love unusual names as well. For a girl I love Juliet (nickname Jules) Rose, Hannah Rose, Isabella (Bella) Christine, and Gabriella (Gabby)Danielle. I know they are not all that unusual, but I think a girls name should sound graceful and beautiful.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I love very unusual names. I am not a fan of common names at all. I am a big fan of very ethnic (Celtic) names, as you can tell by my sig. ;-) I get a lot of weird looks when I tell ppl what my husband and I plan on naming my children.

Quote:
And...I absolutely agree about the first name the same as the last name thing. Do parents think it's cute to name their child Robert Roberts or Kelly Kelly? What's going on there? Or, how about the poor kids that names are like Bottled Beer, Lavendar Sidebottom, and the family of children named: Tonsilitis, Meningitis, Appendicitis, and Peritonitis Jackson?!! These are all actual names!

I agree... now THOSE are some weird names! I like weird and different names, bot those are way too much. Why would someone want to name their kids after diseases?? I also dont like the double names (first name same as last). I had a friend in school who was named John Anthony John. We all called him JohnJohn. I thought that was a little too weird...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
)0( Bright Blessings! )0(
~Niamh~
Seamus Padraig Scott Dhabolt, born: January 24, 2007
L
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
L
Ooh! I love this post!

Any name where the parents think they are Oh-So-Creative by changing the spelling/or one letter of a name.
Example: Dillon (instead of Dylan), Nataly (instead of Natalie), Madisyn (instead of Madison).
Or any of the super trendy names right now:
Madison
Dylan
Kayla
MacKenzie
Sophia
Olivia
Isabella/Isobel
Skylar
Trinity
Piper
Tyler
Emily
Jacob

Or just incredibly weird names where you just know the poor kid will be teased for the rest of their life.

Last edited by Lynnk; 12/10/06 08:22 PM.

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful."

-Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the Younger," Roman stoic philosopher, writer, and politician (4-65).
Gecko
Gecko
I didn't want to name my son anything that was to popular so I named him Bryson (after a childhood friend who died many years ago and my favorite author, Bill Bryson)

Now come to find out that more and more people are naming their sons that. grrr. I've met 4 since my son was born and he's not even 2!!!

They only name I hate is what his father wanted to name him

J.R. Jr.

I'm not kidding. And to think he complained of the girls name I picked out, Skyler Marie.

B
B
I am really sick of names are really trendy:

Peyton
Cayden
Grant
Skyler
Paige ( I hate hate this name)
Madison
Jaden
Kelsey ( reminds me of Kelsey Grammer)
Mckenzie ( I loathe this name)
Colton
Carleigh
Kylie
anything with ie really annoys me
anything that sounds like a last name

Gecko
Gecko
Skyler is trendy?

I've never met anyone by that name.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.