logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
#144553 07/22/06 01:58 PM
Parakeet
Parakeet
The books you want to read then Freebubbles are written by Lee Strobel.

He is a highly respected Journalist and former Atheist. His wife by way of a neighbour came to know God and converted to Christianity. This almost tore their marriage apart due to way he reacted to her new found faith, he was malicious and hurtful.

In order to prove her wrong and bring her back to the side of atheism he got out the bible and started interviewing scholars asking the hard questions and pushing until he couldn't push anymore.

What he found, was God. It really is amazing! His writing asks the hard questions then gives you the answers and then digs deeper to find more answers. I think you'd really enjoy learning what he found out.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#144554 07/24/06 08:37 PM
C
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
C
Shannon I just want to thank you aswell for all the hard work you have put in.

The Bible is an amazing book and there are to many things in it written over 2000 years ago that are now comming true today... It is really mmaking me think.

I am reading a book at the moment called the final battle? ( perhaps you have heard of it?) a scarey read because its all true.

#144555 07/25/06 10:31 PM
Shark
Shark
Lee strobel? is he the one who wrote A Case For Christ?
does he have any books on other religians?

Judge not lest ye be judged: all things are permittable but not all things are beneficial
#144556 07/26/06 02:25 AM
Parakeet
Parakeet
Lee Strobel did write A Case for Christ, its about his 2 year search for the truth. He may have some atheist stuff out their but I doubt it. He's a devout Christian and a minister now. He does ask a lot of the questions that many people have about the reliability of the Bible and Jesus.

If you have questions like why does God let bad people live? or does God care? or Is God silent? or where is God today? Then I'd suggest Philip Yancey, especially Where is God When it Hurts and Disappointment with God. You can read some of his articles on www.christianitytoday.com Just search out his name.

The Final Battle -- I don't think I've read that one. I did read one about a former Satanist who turned Christian and that was really scary because it shows how Satan works to attack us. Now I always ask God to surround me with angels to keep me safe from Satan's attacks.

Basically they were able to go out of body on purpose and attack your soul. There was one time when they went to attack someone and there were angles there to stop them.

It also talked about how easy it is to let demons into our souls and how many do it without even knowing it.

I wish I could remember the name of the book, something to do with a sword. I'll see if I can find the name, I'd love to read it again, it was oh my now I feel old, it was about 15 years ago that I read it, my junior year. The ironic thing is that my best friend and I had read it before we went to a fine arts symposium at simon fraser university. When everyone started the day with a chanting session we freaked out.

#144557 07/26/06 10:42 PM
Shark
Shark
the sword and the cross blade? maybe? I believe that there are door that we open unwittingly and doors that God wants usto walk thourgh, but i dont give satin the power to attack me. satin can not MAKE us do anything nither can God!!! He gave us free wil with that said...we choice what we do or not do... satin canplant a seed and God can plant a seed. what we choose to water and grow is ours!!! Satin in my oppion, can take the bible in or out of context and plant a seed of hate, unbelieve misguide consept or what ever more eazyly then useing anything else for example, wife and child abusers use the bible to justifiy what they do!!! homophobics use it to justify hateing gays!!! and satin uses it to prevert the churches of the past present and future its fortold!!! we are told that the bible is a two edge sword. that does not mean that it cut us to fix to Gods benefit and to cut satin. i think it is a worning to us to be careful how we use it!!!if satin uses something as mondane as lets use tarot or another religon then we stand against it with arms and bibles drawn ready to fight but if its bibleical(or so we think) we wait or do nothing because it gives use pause because we arent sure...

i find books about satin and all his supposed powers....well they make me angery because they want me to feel helpless and fear satin and anything that the auther deems satinic were in truth I have a PWOERFUL AND PROTECTIVE GOD AND A BRAIN to THINK!!!! so anyways I am trying to find the book a Case for Chirst!!!

Judge not lest ye be judged: all things are permittable but not all things are beneficial
#144558 09/25/06 12:39 AM
Parakeet
Parakeet
freebubbles did you find the book, the case for christ?

Satan has done a good job of deciving us and making himself out to be less of a threat then he is.

Who is Satan, what does the Bible say? He was the number one Angel in Heaven, the most beautiful. Due to this beauty he began to look at himself and not to God, this lead to him believing he was better than God.

The book of Job shows that he was still in Heaven during the time of the old testament. Jesus told his diciples upon his return that as he was coming back to life he saw Satan and his followers fall from Heaven.

For 2000 years Satan has roamed the earth and used the church, those in leadership roles, and everyday people to cast a bad light on Christianity and God. Many are decieved by the ultimate deceiver, they think they're eyes are open and that God won't deceive them but they are deceived because Satan, the lier, has mislead them.

To believe that Satan is not a threat, that he is some guy in a red suit on our shoulder is to open yourself up to him. He wants you to believe he's harmless and he's on your side, that it is God who deceives us by making all these rules.

A real Christian has an inner peace like no other. When you meet a true follower of God you will know that they are different just in their manner and actions.

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  Sunnie - Bible Basics 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.