logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
kssmul Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm so excited ... I've got tickets to see the Indigo Girls at the Biltmore Estates here in Asheville. I've not yet been to the Biltmore House before and it will be a treat to be on the grounds of this magnificant estate and the best part of all is getting to see the Indigo Girls again. This will be my third concert of theirs each at very different type venues. I've heard an acoustic set is planned for tomorrow nite because of the smaller venue. It ought to be intimate and special! Yipee!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
I just read your review, that sounds incredible!! I saw the Indigo Girls once in Foxwoods (near Boston) and they were excellent. I love their music. That must have been great, seeing them with that scenery!

We went to Biltmore Estates a year or two ago, there was a touring motorcycle meeting nearby and we went out for the day. It literally took us an hour to get to the main gate! Since we were only down for a weekend we stopped at the gatehouse to do a wine tasting there (which was really what we had come to do) and then had to go. But even that hour to get in was lovely!

P. Pureheart
kssmul Offline OP
OP Offline
It was an excellent show ... I've seen them 3 times now and each show was different.

The first time was at Brown University, they really played to the audience ... but the most chilling performance was a departure from their normal closing ... they came back on stage with no lights and no instruments and sang Paul Simon's American Tune ... those memory of those voices in harmony like that still give me chills.

The second was at Great Woods in Mansfield (now I think called the Tweeter Center) ... it was a typical rock concert ... very good but lacked the intimacy of the Brown Venue and the Biltmore Estate concert.

This was just the two of them and unplugged ... quite different from the first two but equally enjoyable and absolutely perfect for the setting.

Too bad you couldn't have seem more of the Biltmore Estates. I never realized all that is out there.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.