logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1321 05/27/02 06:14 PM
OP Offline
If two cars cost about the same, how much do you consider things like comfort or fuel economy? Do things like softer seats or extra cup holders catch your eye? Do things like 'longer between oil changes' really matter to you?

Conny Manero
author of
Waiting for Silverbird
Sponsored Post Advertisement
#1322 06/01/02 05:43 PM
Gas mileage matters a lot to me but not so much that I will be uncomfortable in a car. Cup holders aren't a big deal but we have a small family. I have decided since ds has become a teenager and his legs have grown considerably I will look for more leg room in the rear next time around. One thing I look for is fabric seats. Everything else burns the back of my legs on a hot day and after sitting for a while you stick to the seat. I hate that so I always look for fabric. I like a firm seat with lower back support and a sporty ride.

#1323 06/01/02 06:20 PM
OP Offline
That's a good point - legroom is important to me too. I think quick response is very important to me. I've been in lots of situations where some non-paying-attention driver next to me has moved into my lane or slammed their brakes on suddenly or so on, and I've had to react quickly to avoid the accident. I like to make sure my car is very maneuverable and has great brakes. And also it needs really good visibility - blind spots can be really bad.

I actually like leather seats better because the cloth ones I've had get so grimy so quickly.

Conny Manero
author of
Waiting for Silverbird
#1324 06/02/02 02:29 PM
I agree, both maneuverability and blind spots are considerations. I also don't like cars that "float" down the road. What I mean is I like to feel some of the road while driving. I like good brakes but I don't like brakes that are so sensitive you barely touch them and everyone goes flying forward. LOL
On a more consmetic note I don't like red interiors. However, I don't mind red paint. LOL. I usually try to select a med./dark gray or med./dark blue interior. I also prefer bucket seats with and arm rest in between and map pockets in the doors.

#1325 06/17/02 02:54 AM
sds Offline
I'll take two things - the leg room some of you mentioned and cloth seats so I don't burn my butt in the summer and freeze it in the winter!

I like it to be economical, but wouldn't go around driving some tiny little tin can, either!

#1326 06/18/02 08:38 PM
Parakeet
Parakeet
That's funny, I like cars without arm rests in between because I like to snuggle when I drive, and on long trips to lean against the driver so arm rests are more of a pain.

Lisa, Birding Enthusiast
#1327 06/22/02 11:15 PM
The car I have now has leather seats and i really like them. I also like sun roof. The one thing I miss from years ago is the vent window. Open the little window at various degrees and have just enough air circulation. It was great. Today, the window must be open and the noise level is too high and there is too much air. I find that I must turn up the radio and then when I get back into the car later, the radio is way too loud? (You can tell I am someone who does not turn off the system when I get out of the car!)

Moderated by  Steve - Cars 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:15 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.