Do anyone else here do travel writing?

Barrett
Bellaonline's Astrology Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
#131981 09/23/04 01:36 PM
Zee Offline
Amoeba
Amoeba
Sure do! Do you have a special area or type/style of travel that is a favorite? I'd love to hear about favorite markets, too.

Zee

#131982 09/24/04 09:03 PM
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Quote:
Originally posted by Zee:
[qb] Sure do! Do you have a special area or type/style of travel that is a favorite? I'd love to hear about favorite markets, too.

Zee [/qb]
Hi Zee!

I spend most of my travel time in Western Europe, 2)the Caribbean and 3) the Middle East. I most enjoy taking train trips. It is a beautiful way to see the world, in my view. The countries/areas I visit most are the Nordic Region, the UK and France.

One place I have not been to that I want to get to soon is Portugal. Have you ever been there?

What I enjoy doing is writing interviews and pieces focusing on insider cultural perspectives. How about you?

Barrett
Bellaonline's Astrology Editor
#131983 09/28/04 12:37 PM
Zee Offline
Amoeba
Amoeba
Wonderful places, all! No, I've not been to Portugal, but to neighboring Spain. Here and there in Europe, but I'd like to return for more, much more, and I would also like to... oh, heck, I would like to go everywhere, but everywhere at least once...

Past few years, however, I've been crisscrossing more the United States, as I travel to do stories across the country for a magazine. Sometimes that means an article that is more formal, perhaps a profile, a human interest story, or on whatever business that person might be involved in, and then, a kind of travel log-memoir on the side that sometimes sees publication, too, sometimes not. For instance, I took a train trip from the Midwest to the west coast over a few days, and that turned into such a travel memoir for a local magazine, but the people I met along the way transformed into several articles.

And your absolute favorite place on the planet? Do you have one?

Zee

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.