logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Gecko
Gecko
Be specific and talk about it. Casting undefined aspersions throttles free speech. Perhaps some anti-semitism was meant by someone, perhaps none was. Your general accusation is not a help to discussion of that problem.

If that is not satisfactory, what do you suggest as a solution?

Kai

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Amoeba
Amoeba
Ok maybe this will be some help to you Kai 71. At least twice, the perpertrator of this discussion was mentioned to be Jewish. My question is why.
The man is a Polish citizen and yet he was pointed out to be Jewish. Is this because he critizsed a catholic Polish Pope?
If one would crtitisize a commentator here in this country ( US ) for his bad taste, would the fact that he is Jewish be brought into the factor? Why would it! Afterall, he would still be an American wouldn't he?
It just seems strange that the Jewish factor would be brought up. Being Polish in the US does not detract from ones Americanisim. Why would Jersy Urban's Jewishness be brought up during this controversy? I hope this was helpful Kai.

Gecko
Gecko
It was helpful, thanks. Now to look at the thread and see what I think, though normally it is of no iterest to me. I am impressed at the sensitivity of people and the fine lines they draw, and the stilted language that is sometimes demanded of us in the name of politeness. In this case it buried the meaning for me completely.

Thanks.

Kai

Gecko
Gecko
I spoke too quickly. Iam not to intersted in ging back through five pages of this discussion to look for the tracks. Good luck on getting your answer from the 'perpetrator'.

Kai

Gecko
Gecko
Masongeneral,

My posting was not ment to be anti-semetic, I only found it
reasonable to mention Jerzy Urbans background as a non-Catholic Pole. I find "Nie" as a satirical magazine a necassary
element in the Polish free media.
Again I am not a anti-semite, nor a philosemite or Polish nationalist. People who read my previous postings know my standpoints. Polish jewish intellectuals play in my opinion an important role in the Polish society before and after the second world war. Only the sad thing is that their influence is eagerrated
by reactionary Catholic and Polish nationalist forces, which I consider as people who are counter productive and small minded. The same forces but more influential you have in Hungary, Ukraine and Russia where anti-semitism is more present and visible. Jerzy Urban is as important for free Poland as Adam Michnik from Gazetta Wyborcza and intellectuals like
Geremek and Mazovietski.

Pieter

Gecko
Gecko
In the previous post with "eagerrated" I mean exaggerated.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.