Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#114067 12/06/02 04:39 AM
Grim Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
My husband is finally willing to try some vegan meals at dinner time. He has left me with the task of finding some recipes that a meat lover will salivate over! This is my chance to make or break his impression of how the other side eats. So the pressure is on and I am asking for help in finding some great "meaty" recipes minus the flesh!

So far the only thing he thinks does not need meat added is my riblet meal. I heat gardenburger riblets and toss with rice, a vegetable and some vegan barbeque sauce. He actually loves this meal!
Does anyone have any other great meals to suggest?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Hi Bellaventi,

You could try the following Pot Pie recipe. If you can't find tempeh, or want to use something less exotic, you can crumble up tofu or another favorite meat substitute instead. Veat and Quorn make fantastic chicken replacements, but are easiest to find at Whole Foods, or other natural foods stores.

Another great recipe for open-minded meat eaters is shepherd's pie. You can use textured vegetable protein (TVP), Yves vegetarian Ground Round, or cooked lentils in place of the ground meat, and your hubbie will never miss all the saturated fat.

My current favorite dish is a beans and rice dish called Moors and Christians. Here's the quick version:
  • Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a medium sauce pan.
  • Saute onions and garlic.
  • Add cumin, coriander, and cayenne pepper and cook until fragrant, taking care not to burn the spices.
  • Add diced bell pepper, one can of Ro-tel chiles and tomatoes, one can black beans and one can pinto beans.
  • Cook until heated through.
  • Add salt and pepper to taste.
  • Garnish with cilantro.

Serve this over Coconut Rice.
Hope this helps!

Grim Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Thanks for the recipes. I didn't reply to your posts because I haven't had a chance to try them yet (holidays and all). I am looking forward to taste testing them both. Thanks again!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.