You could try the following Pot Pie
recipe. If you can't find tempeh, or want to use something less exotic, you can crumble up tofu or another favorite meat substitute instead. Veat and Quorn make fantastic chicken replacements, but are easiest to find at Whole Foods, or other natural foods stores.
Another great recipe for open-minded meat eaters is shepherd's pie. You can use textured vegetable protein (TVP), Yves vegetarian Ground Round, or cooked lentils in place of the ground meat, and your hubbie will never miss all the saturated fat.
My current favorite dish is a beans and rice dish called Moors and Christians. Here's the quick version:
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a medium sauce pan.
- Saute onions and garlic.
- Add cumin, coriander, and cayenne pepper and cook until fragrant, taking care not to burn the spices.
- Add diced bell pepper, one can of Ro-tel chiles and tomatoes, one can black beans and one can pinto beans.
- Cook until heated through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with cilantro.
Serve this over Coconut Rice
Hope this helps!